Minibosses!

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by banjo2E, Aug 1, 2012.

1. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

They're amazing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, which mods have freshly become included in the game with Wizardlands? Because as you can see I have two separate stacks of...whatever the hipster drink is called.

2. ploki122

ploki122 Member

Yeah minibosses are really nice, plus they all have a unique drop attached to them...

Up to now i've found :

Siegfried (Diggle) - ???
    Bee Arthur (Amazonian Bumblebeeperson) - Spear
    The Baron (Samedi) - The Baron's Hat
    Toady (DL1 Mushroom) - 1 random mushroom
    The Great Pumpkinn - ???

saw some other minibosses but can't recall any of them, will update the list as I find more,

3. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Toady drops a mushroom, and banjo you probably have two copies of the mod installed and the config enabled both. None were added.

4. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

Add to that list 'The Great Pumpkinn'. He's pretty scary.

Bumble Bee Arthur got a laugh out of me.

5. Incomp

Incomp Member

Major Tom. No idea where he is meant to pop up we met on level zero and I sliced him with a monofilament blade and liberated his Aethernaut's Helmet. I am now a cosmonaut!

6. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

Oh god, the Baron's a jerk.

He has the Blink Batty effect where he teleports whenever he hits you, and appears to act as a gnome from a distance, except LOL I'M GONNA JUST REMOVE HALF OF YOUR HEALTH BAR WITH ONE SPELL.

7. I got The Baron's Hat from a named Samedi, so I don't think it's an exclusive drop to that one monster. Or it treated the named monster like the mini-boss, and that's why it dropped. I ended up with 2.

banjo2E: I only seem to have had positive effects from the Baron! He hit me a couple of times and gave me mana regen!

8. MOS!

MOS! Member

There were about 4 or 5 mini bosses in the mysterious portal I took on the first floor, went back to it after clearing the third floor.

Major Tom dropped his helmet
    Bee Arthur dropped an incredibly good axe
    Toady dropped a random mushroom

I've also seen an octo named musccus (sp?)

I had about 5 near-death experiences fighting the great pumpkin, I think I was just a bit undergeared at that point though.

9. DuckAndCower

DuckAndCower Member

Is Siegfried a reference to Sigmund from Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup?

10. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Yes. Also, a certain character from Final Fantasy 6.

11. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Oh, and for the person who asked: the Baron's Hat will randomly make you drunker. He thinks you need more booze.

Doc Gelegentlich likes this.
  12. Ouch! I just hope there isn't a Batty White somewhere in the dungeon as well...

13. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

It needs a higher frequency, barely ever happens. Considering it's a floor two hat you need to give up a better hat to exploit it anyway.

14. shaken

shaken Member

[​IMG]

I assume you're referring to Cyan's desire for revenge for what happened at Doma?

15. Wintergreen

Wintergreen Member

I found Mollusques (or mollescus? not quite sure of the spelling) hes a named octo and he drops a tentacle wand.
    I also found "The Tree of Woe" on the fourth floor, he didn't drop anything when I killed him though. If I find them again Ill get some pictures.

16. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

[​IMG]

I don't know if this is a miniboss or not. Assuming he is since I havent encountered any gremlins on the whole floor. nevermind! it was for a quest

17. Giygas

Giygas Member

^^^ You'll be able to tell if it's a miniboss because it has a unique description and a unique name that isn't Something the Somethingly Something.

Personally, I love finding Bee Arthur. Sometimes he drops a spear, and polearms seem like the best skill tree to use (although I did see an EXTREMELY powerful top-tier axe in a Brax shop...)

18. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

[​IMG]

he hits hard! did 12 slashing each turn. i dont think he liked the bad assets i dumped on him..

19. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

The Great pumpkinn is mean alright. Although, 1000 XP is nice. :)
    Banjo, in all the time I fought the Baron, he only attempted to hit me in melee and it never hurt, and only made me drunker.
    I seriously doubt there's a spell he has that cuts your health in half. :( I mean, that's a two hit kill regardless of health.
    That would make him way overpowered.

I don't know why he hit you with a spell that did that and all he did was try to attack me a few times, run away, and try to make me drunk. Weird.

20. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

Minibosses can, currently, be bosses. I've had two Great Pumpkinns show up, as named bosses, on floor 2. Really screwed with my XP bars.