Dredmor Patch 1.1.1 Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

I haven't watched TV in at least a year.

Haha, I totally forgot about that!

2. Stryke

Stryke Member

Given Twin Peaks came out in the early 90's I can't imagine that's relevant :rolleyes:

3. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

(Back to Desura: we are now getting a steady stream of patch-approval from them, and I'm standing by to upload CotW and RotDG, now that they have approved our New Fabulous Trailers. HIB stuff has been sent off too, so hopefully you guys are getting up to date versions of that; we'll have expansions for sale directly for HIB users in a couple of days, I think.)

banjo2E likes this.
  4. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

I was born in the early '90s. I barely managed to catch the tail end of the Q show.

5. bzlv

bzlv Member

Two words, man: Net, and flix. It's an incredible show, more like a thirty-hour-long movie than a TV series, and nonstop David Lynch weird all the way through. It is not the kind of thing that will appeal to everyone but if you like unusual/creative cinema then there is really nothing quite like Twin Peaks.

Have you seen the game Deadly Premonition? Similar sort of aesthetic and the game even has a crazy old woman carrying an inanimate object that talks to her in what has to be a reference to the log thing talked about earlier. I don't know if that helps at all but I can't avoid linking the two in my head.

6. jhffmn

jhffmn Member

I'm tempted to ask what your issue is with steam because given your rant the resulting explanation would surely be filled with grade A hillarious nerd angst. I'll just say this, if your attitude here is any indication the harsh reality you desperately need to escape is entirely your own making.

Also, I don't think dungeon level 1 was nerfed or the xp gain was increased. I always kill every enemy on every floor and lock pick every door. Thank god for no time to grind, but you should usually be able to hit level 5 before leaving the first floor.

7. Profanity

Profanity Member

Haven't been around in the gaming scene for a while and that includes Dredmor, but now I got back and played quite a bit yesterday, what I found weird is that a lot of mobs just wander aimlessly and walk into walls not noticing you, sometimes even when you periodically hit them.

It's like they don't give a duck that there's a dude with bloody fists coming to punch them out anymore, a really noticeable amount of the mobs neither fight back or notice me at all.

8. Manticore

Manticore Member

Yeah, noticing the same. They seem kind of out of it, as if drunk on mana potions.

9. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Me thinks the wandering monsters is a sign of the new sight cone mechanic.

10. Clupus

Clupus Member

Polearm is bugged. Talhoffer's Lunge and Pike Bombardment swapped positions. Making Pike extremely overpowered at very beginning.

As for Communism, I think it isn't that OP with my last build (polearm, big hunt, berserker, armor, shield, commie, thrown). Build dependent however.

11. Manticore

Manticore Member

One of the entrances to a room is occasionally blocked off by obelisk and two vending machines. It forces me to go the long way around, which takes forever. Also, saw a hidden passage blocked off by a lever.

12. Profanity

Profanity Member

Destroying a counter has no sound, that doesn't seem like something that was intended. (not even sure that it's the problem with this patch, I'm a slowpoke living under a rock.)

13. rydash

rydash Member

Quick question, is the New Fabulous Trailer for CotW supposed to be a 1:00 long title card with only music playing? Because if not, something has gone wrong. :p

14. Gaggo

Gaggo Member

The music for the Pocket Dimension reminds me of the end of time theme in Chrono Trigger:

15. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Their automated system wants a trailer before we are allowed to post a product - an exception was not rapidly forthcoming. This caused weirdly inappropriate delay. We also have shockingly little video editing skill in this office, so ... we did what had to be done.

Also: For the next small patch/hotfix, I've made all monsters a bit more perceptive (except blobbies; they're dumb) and am tweaking a bunch of minor balance issues.

16. gaddis

gaddis Member

Collapsed the dungeon casting a polymorphic injunction on an enraged diggle on level 2.

17. Aegho

Aegho Member

I was sorely disappointed in the blade wall stance for daggers after looking at the code, and then playing with it... It looked like it was going to do a clockwork reflexes style proc... instead the proc is animation/sound ONLY, and nothing else actually happens.

And as I posted in a separate thread... the polearm defensive stance's proc doesn't do its damage properly(it's attack="1" on an adjacent target, but apparently the knock effect makes it do non-adjacent attack damage, IE: straight up melee power).

I really love magic law though! :)

18. Nikolai

Nikolai Member

Egyptian Magic looks to be a purpose-built gish tree, like Warlockery. I like it. Too bad the one semi-successful run I had with it I ended up killing myself by trying out the sandstorm spell with three glyphs on.

Oh. And I really hope Vampirism gets re-worked. For some reason I've lost my ability to do well with it at all and always die on the first floor.

19. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

You might want to try it out with Daggers as your weapon of choice now, Nikolai.
    Killing them one by one with critical hits makes it somewhat easier to keep yourself away from the grim reaper.

20. Nikolai

Nikolai Member

I've tried Daggers extensively with pure Rogue builds. I doubt it'll be any easier with Daggers on a gish build.

Also, Daggers are exceedingly hard to find. Staves kind of suffer with a few choices being placed into Polearms, which are also hard to find.

And... I don't really like crafting, even now, because I can't bear to play on FSF, even with the Pocket Plane.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.