Announcing Conquest of the Wizardlands Expansion!

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Daynab, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Frelus

Frelus Member

@Jared
    Yep

2. Frandarre

Frandarre Member

Erm, yes, but the Communist and Banker skills are part of the dlc that you have to buy.

3. Warlock

Warlock Member

[​IMG]

Lorrelian likes this.
  4. Jared Clark

Jared Clark Member

Yeah I am still waiting for the DLC to show up, I just wanted to check and make sure my client had updated. I am all linux at home, so I am really hoping this DLC will pop in another hour so I can get it transferred home. :)

5. Lambastard

Lambastard Member

I spotted Polearms and Daggers so far, as well as the ingame Achievement Menu.

Steam also made its little window with new money-sinks pop up, and the last item was...something the image of which would not load, but it was 1,99 Euros.

6. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Well, hopefully it will be here before 5 PM EST. :( Otherwise I will be forced to do more Soviet Russia jokes.
    In Soviet Russia, Gaslamp Games gives you money!

7. Lambastard

Lambastard Member

Let us all briefly remember at this point that the issue that so disconcerts us is nothing but a minor addition to a mere game; and that we should all be doing something more meaningful with our lives than wait and wail.

That said, MAKE IT GO FASTER!

DavidB1111 likes this.
  8. Hybelkanin

Hybelkanin Member

In sovjet russia, Zangief piledrives everything *nodnod*

9. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Still in line with YHTNTEP's release, I think.

But my game updated as soon as I logged on Steam.

10. Frelus

Frelus Member

Ah, btw, nice new avatar, Althea.

11. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Thanks.

12. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

What do you mean it's still in line with YHTNTEP's release?
    It's getting closer to 5 PM here. :(
    I thought it would be out by now.

At least I won't have to wait beyond the Heat Death of the universe. :p

13. Warlock

Warlock Member

[​IMG]
    we have received your distress signal and have acknowledged it. Please remain patient until rescue. :)

14. Kazuhiro

Kazuhiro Member

Wait! But...!

Magical Law? But I have the mod version of that installed! Now I'll have to leave it on and it'll be all ugly and out of place and and and

15. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

As in YTHNTEP wasn't a dead-on-INSERT-YOUR-TIMEZONE-HERE release. It wasn't fully sorted until late evening for me (about 2-3hrs at least).

16. Konork

Konork Member

I'm pretty sure the new Magical Law skill is different from the Star Lawyer skill. It'll be odd having two different lawyer skills, but they'll have different abilities

17. Frelus

Frelus Member

we have 50 minutes after latest given ETA.
    I WANT IT.
    I NEED IT!
    GIVE ME THE EXPANSION!

18. Lambastard

Lambastard Member

50 Minutes? Damnation...now I'll have to find something useful to do in the meantime.

19. Kazuhiro

Kazuhiro Member

I often worry that if I win now that I have more mods than your body has room for, it'll be cheapened by the fact that the mods are overpowered. For example, even if the mods aren't inherently overpowered, what if the only reason I won was because I manged to mix elements and create an ultra-tight pure warrior or gish? Would I have survived floor 3 if it weren't for Princess Luna's tiara on my head? Is my win still legitimate when I used a rogue/wizard build to get Promethean-like amounts of pwnage out of Turnabout Mode plus the Sonic Rainboom, applebuck attack, and wub cannon?

I mean, look at Warlockery and Bushido--two fine skills from a well respected man, but they're very conservative in design, unlike, say, Barrier Maiden.

Then again, I haven't been using Vegan or Promethean lately, so I suppose a frame of reference is in order.

20. Jared Clark

Jared Clark Member

I'm glad you said it, I feel the same way sometimes, as far as the "what defines a *real* win?" factor. In the end, it doesn't matter as long as you had fun. I get absolutely blasted most times, and when I get past level 4 or 5 I start to wonder if it's because mod XYZ is overpowered...

Daynab likes this.