Borderlands Co-Op group.

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by OmniaNigrum, Jul 26, 2012.

1. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

No, I mean like, how do you know when the other guys are available for playing?

2. Frelus

Frelus Member

Chatting
    One is on in Steam, two are on in Steam, three are on in Steam, fancy a game? Yes? Go.

3. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

Well I guess I should probably let you guys know what my steam ID is then.

It's exactly the same as my forum ID.

Screw security, I use the same username everywhere. (different passwords though)

4. Frelus

Frelus Member

Cannot find you, only the clans naming you as an admin :(
    Well, it was the same with Omni, I will try when I know you are on.
    My Steam ID is Frelus1837 by the way.

5. TheJadedMieu

TheJadedMieu Member

Banjo goes by NFL Combine [Bear Cavalry]

6. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

I played this a bunch with a friend of mine on the xbox. I don't have a copy on pc unfortunately. I played the soldier and he played Brick. The soldier, I found is pretty amazing for most situations. He's a good catchall sort of character but is out done in long range situations by Mordecai's sniping and really long fights by Brick's sheer endurance. Brick is a monster when he goes berserk. I laughed my ass off all the time as my buddy would kill enemies with his bare hands that I couldn't take out with my AR.

I eventually found a shotgun with as much accuracy as most semi-auto pistols. It was a thing of glory.

If I could get a copy of Borderlands for cheap on steam I might be interested in joining you gents.

My steam handle is the same as this.

Edit: Just saw the GOTY for 7.50 on steam. Not sure how I missed that earlier in the thread..... SNATCH!

7. Createx

Createx Member

Might be willing to give this a go again :)
    I have a lvl 69 hunter, I could start from 0 again though since the game will become pretty broken if the level difference is too big.

8. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

Yeah, our main group's at around level 25, playthrough 1, at the moment.

9. Createx

Createx Member

I'm in the IRC if you want to play some, but I guess I'll just edit a char to match your level if you provide me a gun to get started. I'm too bored to level from level 1 alone :p

10. Aegho

Aegho Member

Been a while since I played borderlands... but I'd be willing to join the group. My handle is Kaerius. I think... btw I have the GOTY but I bought the physical copy, and haven't added it to steam. ;)

11. Createx

Createx Member

Megaron, TSED and me played some time today, Aegho sadly couldn't join us :( We started fresh, about level 7 now. Intercontinental lag is surprisingly of little concern, we had fun nevertheless.
    I'm also offering myself for 69 play, farming mostly. Anything else goes as well, though you'll have to send me a savegame with your level for me to modify though :)

12. RKade8583

RKade8583 Member

I want to play! I've always wanted to level a character from 1 to cap in multiplayer. My steam is my username. Add me and allow me to show you how a legally blind guy shotguns through that game.

OmniNegro likes this.
  13. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I welcome you and anyone else who wants to play. I am currently playing the heck out of Fallout 3 GOTY, and that may need another week to finish. Then I will likely start to focus on the DLC for Borderlands again. I beat the main game. So now everytime I start a multiplayer match I have to be careful to avoid the default setting that forces you to start playthrough #2.

I have not been ignoring you though. I was banned for three weeks. Now I am back to being my usual jerk self. :)

14. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

If any of you guys are interested in doing the long arenas in Moxxi's DLC for the achievements, we should set up a few days to do that. We need at least three people, preferrably four, to pull it off, with the host at a vastly lower level than everyone else. This is pretty much the only way to reliably win, given that later rounds have multiple spawns per wave and some truly unfair challenge roulettes. (By which I mean, Rocket launcher challenge + Headshot + High speed + Spastic on a boss wave with King Wee Wee as the opponent.)

The low host level will mean the weapon drops will be crap, but frankly there are better places to farm than the Underdome.

15. Frelus

Frelus Member

Omni!
    Welcome back!
    Omni, Kirk, Hybelkanin and me did the arenas without too much hassle (Hybel even was afk for a wave ;)) with a pretty balanced team (Ok, Kirk was 5 or so levels higher than the rest, but he only joined in the 2nd or 3rd arena).
    I think the only arena we had to do twice was the first one, because Omni and I tried without Hybel and were not quite prepared ;)

OmniNegro likes this.
  16. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Actually, we only did the short arenas. (I did not know there was more to the DLC, but the long version is 20 rounds long and gets pretty hard with leveled people hosting.)

*Edit* Or was that you I tried the long version with? I remember it was a Siren. But whom? I have crap for memory....

17. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

That was me, and it was the long one. Long Gully, specifically. Hopefully you'll remember me better now that my mike probably works. (Bought that headset you recommended, it's pretty sweet though I haven't really noticed the surround sound feature so far in anything)

18. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Ah. Cool. I will send you a PM via Steam to explain how I have mine setup. It works really well. Just for all Hell's sake, put some tape over that light on the control pad if you have not already. It is awfully bright.

19. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

What level is everybody these days anyhow? I haven't played in some time. Curious to see if I need to hurry up or wait.

20. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

My main is in the lower 30s on playthrough 1. Been going through the DLCs before the main campaign because bonuses, so he's only up to just barely finding the scrapyard in the main story. Currently he's just farming brains in Ned's DLC.

I've got a level 10 brick and a level 15 siren as well. The siren is currently progress-frozen though due to the fact that she's at the lowest level possible to do Moxxi's long arenas in.