What games are you playing and why?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by OmniaNigrum, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Hybelkanin

Hybelkanin Member

Daymn. I'm so jelly of your Bessie. The only pearl I've found is the okay'ish but not mindboggling Rose shield.

2. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

You're all making me jealous. I only got to level 29. Or 30, and never got that far into the game, I mean, I'm at the Scrapyard finally.
    I've not had the best luck with combat rifles either, but I'm kicking ass with the ones I get.
    They mow down enemies fine. :)

3. Warlock

Warlock Member

Inertial Dampening: Invented to make your magic armor truly safe since the Elder Days of Middle-Earth.

Aegho, TheJadedMieu and mining like this.
  4. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I don't know what the stats are for people suffering from FoV-induced headaches, etc., but I would think it's maybe 1 out of 20 people at least.

5. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Wow. How come I have never heard of this before now? Maybe I'm just really bad at understanding how things work.

6. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I too had slight problems with the FoV in this game, not headaches but kind of eye tireness.

Once I used the config editor it was fine though, other than wonky camera during vehicle driving.

7. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Some games it's not a problem, some games it's easily fixed (Skyrim, for example), others it's really, really a big problem.

8. Warlock

Warlock Member

Currently rocking it with Goldeneye 64. It's no Halo, but this was truly where it was at. Goldeneye for life, bros.

9. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

OH. Okay. Thanks for explaining it better.

10. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

- DoD modding
    - Counter-Strike 2D modding
    - Team Fortress 2 trading
    - Spriting in general (DoD items + buff icons, CS2D everything, random projects)

Well I don't play games at all now but modding and spriting is about as good to me.

11. Createx

Createx Member

DoD, rocking like hell with Smithing + Polearms + Dual Wielding, seriously OP. You easily build the best polearms around level 4 (player level).
    Then, some Borderlands, farming Crawmerax mostly since Farmory is too boring. Have yet to see a purple.
    Also, Saints Row 3, fun as hell, totally apeshit game :D
    A bit of Minecraft and Fallout NV here and there by the side.

12. klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk Member

I've started playing Act of War. I have never finished it before (not to speak about the expansion), but I am determined to finally do it. While the story is the typical "protect teh Americuh!!!11!ELEVEN!111!" farce, the missions are quite fun. However my customs from Company of Heroes are kicking in, even though they are not working here - I'm talking about directional armour for tanks or using cover for infantry.

13. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Farmory?

I've actually found plenty of purples myself without even finishing up all the quests in New Haven. :eek:
    I thought I was having normal luck.

14. Createx

Createx Member

I meant pearlescent lol. No idea why I said purple, of those I have a lot.
    In the third DLC, the one with Knoxx, there is a mission where you can raid the Armory of the Crimson Lance, but only for 2 minutes. Well, there is a glitch that allows you to take all the time you want aaaand to do it as many times as you want :)

15. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Ah. Okay. Yeah, I never found anything above orange once.
    And I'm still nowhere close to being able to tackle Knoxx.

16. Createx

Createx Member

You will come there, my young Padawan. He's actually quite easy if you have a good Acid revolver or a precise shotgun :)

17. Frelus

Frelus Member

Does Sledge's Shotgun suffice?
    :p

18. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

But I use Combat rifles and snipers. With a shotgun as a backup. I'm Lilith, not Mordicai. :)
    And besides, I'm nowhere close to the level I need to deal with the armory.
    I fought Knoxx-trap in Claptrap's revolution. That whole thing was fun. 26? treasure chests that scale with your level when you beat it, and respawn every time you enter the game. :)

19. I play League of Legends (though it's been a few days since my last game) and have recently started playing Awesomenauts.

20. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Either way, just use a weapon that has acid element on 2 or more and has a decent damage over time ratio. He's not that bad, and with Lilith it's not that difficult to beat him.