What games are you playing and why?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by OmniaNigrum, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Civ IV had two expansions, but they were standalone. Some games require the base game but have a second .exe to run the expansion (e.g. Anno 1404 Venice requires 1404, but is otherwise standalone), some games add to the base game like DLC (e.g. Dredmor's expansions). All I want to know is whether it's a separate launcher (i.e. standalone) or whether it integrates like the DLC.

2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Ah. I see. My mistake. Hopefully N490 will be able to answer this for us.

3. Hybelkanin

Hybelkanin Member

Think the lads here covered everything but yeah, G+K requires regular Civ V to run and it actually looks like my original Civ V executable was overwritten by the expo, so I'm not sure I can even launch the regular version anymore. Which is fine, can't imagine why I'd care to drop G+K. It just adds more of everything. My only gripe with G+K is how espionage was implemented, seems kind of limited in use compared to Civ VI BTS espionage.

OmniNegro likes this.
  4. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Fair enough, thanks. Just wondered if it was like Civ IV or even Anno where it was a separate entity (as one might assume from the exp. having its own demo), but that's good to know.

Obviously it has no impact at all, just curious.

5. Frelus

Frelus Member

I am also now waiting for this:
    My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic
    I just like MLP: FIM quite a lot, and also played the My Little Fortress: Firendship is Magma Dwarf Fortress mod, so I am quite interested in how this game turns out.

6. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

WTF?!?! I seriously thought (And hoped) that this was a fake or a parody. But it looks real. So please tell me, what sort of crazy drugs do you have to be on to want that? :p

7. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

Well, MUGEN can only do so much.

OmniNegro likes this.
  8. mining

mining Member

The same ones as the pirate party, apparently.

9. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I would argue against that assessment. But this is the wrong thread on the wrong forum. :)

10. Frelus

Frelus Member

Why not?
    I am always in need of games I can simply spend 5 minutes on and then put away again.
    Their whole concern about quality also tells me they are on the path to a fun game.
    And if it is not, hey, it's freeware, so no problem.

11. Wolg

Wolg Member

:: Looks back at his list from earlier ::
    :: Looks at today's Steam update ::

WTF... "No Mercy" in Payday? Are the games on my machine going to gradually assimilate each other? ...I'll be keeping watch for machinegun-toting diggles turning up in Frozen Synapse.

(The new heist is fun, but I prefer the L4D1 version)

12. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I have no problem with it. I just think it looks somewhat ridiculous. Or it may be the most ridiculous thing ever made besides some Japanese Anime stuff that I will not mention.

If you enjoy a game, do so even if the great and powerful *Me* disapproves. I ultimately do not matter, and I want you to have all the fun you can even if I am being a dick over this game. :)

13. Frelus

Frelus Member

More ridiculous than Ski Infantry in Civ V?
    (Hybelkanin just told me of him bombing them to death. I WANT THAT GAME!)
    Edit: Also, the most ridiculous (but funny!) thing ever made when there is DEADPOOL?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    And, last but my favourite:
    [​IMG]

OmniNegro likes this.
  14. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Never heard of "Sky Infantry"... Searching...

Nothing. Amusingly, I did find references to "Ski Infantry". :D

I even checked youtube thinking someone would use the term "Sky Infantry" in conjunction with the words Civilization and V/5. Still nothing.

Did you have a typo and edit? Or did I waste all this time searching for something that only exists in my feeble head? :confused:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ski_infantry
    So you see it is a real thing.

And here is the link to what you are speaking of.
    http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Norwegian_Ski_Infantry_(Civ5)

They move freaking fast. But that is why they existed to begin with.

15. Frelus

Frelus Member

I did not edit anything there. I just find the idea of soldiers on ski hillarious.

16. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

As the Wikipedia link implied, they were no joke. They kicked some major ass. And they are not a thing of the past. They are truly used even today.

17. Frelus

Frelus Member

It's just.... I even find Biathlon looking ridiculous sometimes, and I just cannot imagine a corps of soldiers on skis rushing past me down a snowy hill, fall down in some sort of cover and opening fire on the descending hostile army who did the same on the other side of the valley...

18. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I live in Texas. I cannot imagine *SNOW*. :) No kidding. We rarely get any measurable amount of snow, and last Winter it was sometimes 90 Fahrenheit outside. :p

19. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

OmniNegro likes this.
  20. Frelus

Frelus Member

But that is Rule of Cool, again.
    Also, no running up to them and hitting them with a crowbar?
    BLASPHEMY!