What gender do Dredmor players identify as?

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by SkyMuffin, Jul 3, 2012.

?

What gender do you identify as?

1. Male

63 vote(s)
    88.7%
  2. Female

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. Nonbinary/Genderqueer

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  4. Agender

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Bigender, Two Spirit, or similar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Undecided

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  7. Trans man

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Trans woman

3 vote(s)
    4.2%
  9. Something else!

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I just read a bit to make sure my abstention was noticed. Wow. I am glad I got out before the thread exploded.

Please calm yourselves. I tried to express my opinions without insulting anyone and failed. I removed my posts since I could not get it right. Now is the time to remember that even if someone may seem a jerk, they may not intend to be one. Please give the jerks like myself some time to carefully consider what we say. Even then, we may still manage to offend you. But you have to realize that 99.999999% of the people on these forums are attempting to be kind. Things just get out of hand.

Forgive the posters who say something they should have considered a bit more before clicking "Post Reply". We are not enemies. And we all make mistakes. Some like myself were born with a foot or two in their mouthes. Can we get along?

We really not only got off topic here, but we all seem to have went collectively berserk. People are People. {You know the song.)

2. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I agree, but disagree. I think it's more courteous to deal with your disgust rather than broadcast it.

So, really, you can't equate it in your head. It actually has nothing to do with them being men, homosexual or anything else. It's just you, personally, cannot make much sense of it. Fine, that's your right.

But again, it's one thing to think something, another to say it.

3. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

...Finally, the actual reason we've been butting heads against each other: our actual, irreconcilable difference of opinion. It really feels quite good to find this.

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I've been saying. In my defense, the main reason I said it in the first place was because I thought I was being asked (several of the previous posts were talking about the same sort of things, and I extrapolated from there).

And this is probably why politics and religion threads aren't allowed in most places: people think they're being asked for their genuine beliefs on touchy subjects, but they weren't actually being asked and therefore their posts get attacked under the basis of "one thing to think it, another to say it".

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

To extrapolate, yes, it's something like that. The thread's discussion started as purely academic-like and was what I hoped it would remain, to educate people who may not be aware of different genders. The questions about personal feelings weren't asked, but the answers were still given, just like in topics like religion and politics.

And on that note, I think we're done here, there isn't much more that can be gotten of this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.