Windows Vista/7 64-bit Not sure if this is a bug or a feature

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Haldurson, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

So I stole a tome from Brax on level 2, "History of the World Part 1" (I believe it's from FaxPax). It had no stats on it at all, but I know it has a proc. In any case, on level 4 I kronged it now looks like this:
    [​IMG]

As you can see, it gained 6 special stats in one kronging. I thought that there had been a limit of +3 stats from one kronging. This has changed then? Did I just get very lucky? Is this intentional or unintentional? Or is there something I'm unaware of?

2. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

May be one of those cases where an artifact spawns without its base stats, then gains them when you Krong it.

3. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Ah ok. I don't THINK I've ever seen that tome have stats, but my memory is horrible so there's that...

4. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

That's because there are artefact items that don't get bonuses added normally, so you'll only see them when you force the game to roll them (via kronging).

So yeah, it sometimes gets difficult to recognize, with some items being like that semi-randomly.

5. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

I once had a Fedora that gained 2 :burliness:, 1:nimbleness:, 1:savvy:, 2 :caddishness: , 1 :stubborness: or something like that on the first kronging.
    So, I don't know if the limit has been changed, or I was extremely lucky.
    It wasn't an artifact, obviously.

6. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

the funniest part of that picture is the 12+ mod food items that are clogging up your inventory

Arron Syaoran likes this.
  7. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Lol, yes. However, I finally did find a Lutefisk Cube on level 8 or 9 so that's been 'fixed' somewhat. That's actually a huge drawback of having tons of mods -- instead of a few tall stacks of staples (Food, drink, ammo, etc), you often end up with many short stacks instead -- I think it's something I've mentioned before elsewhere. The greater the variety of items, the shorter the stacks of any particular item, simply because the chances of finding more of something is reduced by the variety.

8. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

Dude, are those...

are those gummi diggles?

9. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Yes, those are gummi diggles. Either RR or FaxPax, I don't remember which one.

10. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

You sure? Because I've got both of those, and More Dred, and haven't seen them.

11. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Then just pester Fax.

12. TheJadedMieu

TheJadedMieu Member

They're from Sweet Foods AKA Sweet, Sweet Swag.

OmniNegro likes this.