Steam Summer Sale

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by banjo2E, Jul 12, 2012.

1. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

(I don't really need to link this, do I?)

So the way they're doing it this year is, screw the coal and coupons that rustled everyone's jimmies, and screw doing the same thing as last year: This year, it's all about the sales.

You get to vote on which of a few discounts you want to happen, and it'll happen.There's flash discounts that last for only a few hours.

Also, Portal 2 is 75% off today, and to my great surprise it's no longer incompatible with my single-core rig, so you'd better believe I'm downloading it right now.

OmniNegro likes this.
  2. shaken

shaken Member

banjo2E and OmniNegro like this.
  3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Vote for Witcher 2 60% off sale please :D

OmniNegro likes this.
  4. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Since I couldn't afford any of them right now, I voted for Witcher 2 just for you. :)

Enjoy if it wins.

Daynab and OmniNegro like this.
  5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I could not have said it better than that. :)

Daynab likes this.
  6. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

Same, except in my case it's also "since none of them will run on my current system".

Daynab likes this.
  7. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

Sorry, Daynab, looks like Saint's Row won.

I did manage to see the results for the brief time they were up and it was a pretty even split, I think Saint's Row had like, 35% of the vote.

8. Daynab

Oh well :p

9. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Batman had 33 and Witcher 2 had 32 percent of the votes.

10. klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk Member

Meh. I doubt that there will be something interesting for me and anyways, I have a friggin' huge backlog of games, so there is no real need to buy anything.

11. Unicycles

Unicycles Member

I really wouldn't mind owning Legend of Grimrock (for obvious dungeon crawling reasons), and Stellar Impact (because I enjoy space sims and MOBA games) but I use a pre-paid credit card and I the minimum charge is 20 bucks. I could put it on there and spend the rest on something frivolous, but...eh

*shrug*

I'd definitely recommend that EVERYONE buys SpaceChem, though. One of the best indie games I've played next to DoD.

12. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

GUYS

Project Freedom

75 cents

and it's one of my all-time favorite games

BUY IT for srs

(Actual information about the game: It's a very linear space fighter game wherein the general idea is "crush kill destroy you are the STRONGEST IN THE UNIVERSE". You get to upgrade your ship as time passes, but that's the only customization there is; minimal replay value due to exactly one campaign and no modding. Story's okay, voice acting's generally good but has a few terribad spots, mostly where the script obviously wanted characters to be interrupted but the devteam didn't bother making the pauses between different characters speaking have anything other than a fixed interval.

Basically: It's good fun, and it's incredibly cheap so you don't really have that much to lose by buying it.)

OmniNegro and Unicycles like this.
  13. Unicycles

Unicycles Member

Aw yeah! Got 80c left on my card. Totally sold, haha.

Edit: Turns out I'm a few cents short due to the exchange rate. Gotta say, I feel pretty poor now :p

14. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

The new vote is Assassins Creed Revelations (66%), Rage (66%) and Darkness II (75%). Which should I vote for? I'll check back before the vote ends in a little less than 6 hours.

15. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Rage. The only successful game to force GPU makers to support OpenGL for real. Note that both ATI/AMD and Nvidia had to make "Hotfix" drivers to make the game work? They have always claimed to "Fully" support OpenGL but in truth, they never did. Rage forced them to actually fix much of the problem rather than persisting in the lies and putting it off for later.

Kazeto likes this.
  16. klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk Member

Fixed it for you.

OmniNegro and Kazeto like this.
  17. Daynab

AC:R is a pretty good game (Ubisoft have surprisingly kept the quality throughout the series so far) and I think AC is rarely on sale so if you want to check it out, vote for that.

18. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Yeah, AC:R is a good game. Not for everyone, but the whole series is pretty neat so unless you have a reason for which you want the other games, it's better to vote for that one.

19. shaken

shaken Member

I personally only play the Assassin's Creed games for their multiplayer component now (not to say that the single player isn't good, just personal preference), which is fantastic.

20. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

I've actually never played any of the Creed games. I gather they really do deserve the hype, then?