GRPD Random Roll Competition

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Cain Redfield, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Giygas

Giygas Member

Build?

2. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Since Warlock already seems to have won, I'd say let him decide. Personally, I'd just pick the same build, but that should probably be up to him.

3. Hybelkanin

Hybelkanin Member

Huh, I thought this was a best of three + totals score summed up thing, not a race to beat dredmor ?

4. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

True, just thought that Warlock has the score to beat as of now (unless someone is keeping secrets).

5. mining

mining Member

Maybe list mods used? Or possibly some sort of "is this mod acceptable to use" checklist.

6. Warlock

Warlock Member

Tinkering
    Battle Geology
    Promethean Magic
    Burglary
    Perception
    Fungal Arts
    Mathemagic.

7. Giygas

Giygas Member

You got a pretty darn lucky build...

8. Warlock

Warlock Member

Attempt the 2nd: Necroeconomics, Clockwork Knight, Tinkering, Alchemy, Perception, Viking Wizardry, Archaeology.
    I'm probably screwed anyway, but wish me luck. :p

9. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Archaeology and Tinkering in one roll? May I remind you that the goal is highest possible score, which is based on XP? I'd say you have the mother load right there. CK just makes tinkering that much better.

10. Giygas

Giygas Member

Wait, which artifacts come from Tinkering?

I know that getting blessed with lots of Meaty Wands, Smithing, and Archaeology is good for those Omnipotent Pork Swords. It's not much in the long run, though.

11. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

I was thinking of the trap skill more than creating artifacts, though I think the high end clockwork gear all has artifact value.

12. Giygas

Giygas Member

*facepalm* Oh, yeah.

My 6th build is surviving fairly well. I'm not sure whether I should take Level 5 Vegan or Alchemical Canister (?) when I level up, though.

13. Warlock

Warlock Member

Level 5 Vegan will help your survivability more than the toxin canister, unless you're getting swamped with non-animal enemies.

edit: As for my other run, currently hanging about on level 4 and hoping for the best really. Necroeconomics is VERY good as a nuke, but the debuff has led to some rather hairy situations. Equipment drops have been good with Perception, so it keeps me in enough bolts. I don't have to use the special ones except when needed. I might farm for usable crafts and consumables a bit before heading down to the lower floors.

14. Frelus

Frelus Member

Both are strong. Do you want to gas zoos or to ignore the vegan debuff? :D

15. Giygas

Giygas Member

I'll take Vegan. After all, I just cleared the 3rd floor zoo when it was the third room on the floor (alchemy is a LIFESAVER) so I don't need the canister just yet.

16. Frelus

Frelus Member

Ah, I'm no good at this, but count me in.
    First build:
    Staves
    Necronomiconomics
    Ley Lines
    Big Game Hunter
    Emomancy
    Clockwork Knight
    Battle Geology

Let's see what I can do with this...

Edit: I can d 1220 points with this.... Damn impossible to circumnavigate acid arrow trap!
    I'll try again...

17. Frelus

Frelus Member

Wow...
    Crossbows
    Shield-bearer
    Tinkering
    Smithing
    Killer Vegan
    Ley Lines
    Berserker Rage

Just... what should I do with Ley Lines?
    3344 Points... Deths and Mummies on DL1? Dammit.

18. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Use it for your last level-up bonuses, after maxing everything else. So that your Lesser Syzygy is self-sustainable.

19. Giygas

Giygas Member

Ouch. Sounds like one of my runs. The first door I opened had a Deth behind it. Yeah, I died.

20. mining

mining Member

Free teleport.