Ominous Project Odin Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Nicholas, Jan 10, 2012.

1. TheJadedMieu

TheJadedMieu Member

Oh god, I just thought of something

What if "urchins" means street urchins?

Odin is a child abuse/murder simulator!

2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I though that this is what "The Sims" series was...

Tycho likes this.
  3. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I was always curious what the purpose of "The Sims" was and why I never quite 'got' it. I guess I know now lol.

TheJadedMieu and Kazeto like this.
  4. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

You can invest in amenities to keep your minions happy, including slot machines, pinball, cathouses and blink curse traps.

OmniNegro and Nicholas like this.
  5. mining

mining Member

Let me rephrase that.

Is project odin the codename of any given (read, if in two years time you were making a roguelike simulator game, it would be called project odin) project you're working on :).

6. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Mining got me thinking... So maybe Project Odin simulates a small software development team creating a game called "Project Odin", although the name of what GLG is producing has a name other than Project Odin. Maybe the official name will be the Project 'Project Odin' in which you have to build The "Project 'Project Odin'" Project to produce a metagame within a metagame within a game called the 'Project Odin' Project. And maybe you use Diggles and Squid Deer as distractions.

Or maybe it's simply a brewery simulator. I still haven't figured out which is more likely.

7. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

It does, indeed, mean "street urchins." I don't think I'm giving anything away there.

8. Nicholas

Brewing is important.

Also, pickling.

And you people are never going to let me forget about the blink curse trap, are you?

Null, banjo2E and OmniNegro like this.
  9. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

DoD was called Project Orion if I recall, so no :)

10. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Would you actually like us to? (It will never happen. But I think you like the attention)

11. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Is it a game about "accidentally" having people in a work environment die to various dangerous machinery? Alien overlords.

12. rydash

rydash Member

Does the slaying of Dredmor exist within the same universe as Odin? Because if so, and should the happenings occur in the same nation, then we can interpret monarch rule as Our Hero is summoned by the king to take out Lord D.

This is a bit of a stretch.

13. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Well if Brewing and Pickling are important, maybe it's a restaurant simulation, and pickled Diggles are on the menu? Either that or they are the waiting staff and you have to herd them like cats.

14. Nicholas

Indeterminate.

15. mining

mining Member

CONFIRMED BEYOND ALL DOUBT

Daynab, OmniNegro, Tycho and 2 others like this.
  16. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

Just because governments answer yes or no questions with "no" and "no comment" doesn't mean that's how Gaslamp does things.

See, Gaslamp are smart enough to screw with us, and aren't eldritch demons whose malevolent fey reach is limited by most ancient rules of conduct including the inability to lie.

17. Frelus

Frelus Member

What, they aren't demons? But how did they steal my life and my soul from me then?

18. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

You gave it to them on your own when you downloaded YHTNTEP.

19. Frelus

Frelus Member

But that is how all demonic contracts work, isn't it? They give you a grand vision of fun/power/whatever you want, and all they want in return is a little bit of your soul.

Kazeto likes this.
  20. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

But that is the point. They didn't steal your soul, you partook in the deal on your own and thus you accepted the responsibility.