Kaiju Combat! - The final word in giant-monster fighting games

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Mr_Strange, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

Hello! You might know me as the guy who writes intro strategy guides for DoD. But did you know that, in my day job, I'm actually a game developer? It's true. I've designed a few games you may have heard of.

But none of that matters now, because I've just launched a Kickstarter campaign for my Ultimate game:

Kaiju Combat
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14214732/kaiju-combat

(Hey look in the video - that's me!)

We're looking to raise $350,000 in the next month. A hefty sum, to be sure, but rather modest when you consider the size of the monsters involved. Plus, I'm opening up our internal design forums to everyone who contributes at least $5. Contribute $500, and you can even design an original monster for the game! (spaces limited, natch.)

This is a really big deal for me, and I'd really appreciate your support. To help, just follow this simple flowchart:

Do you like giant monsters?
    If NO, then pass the link around to your geek friends who do!
    If YES, then donate! (And then pass the link around to you geek friends!)

mining, Frelus, Kazeto and 2 others like this.
  2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I don't like giant monsters! But I really wish you the best of luck and I'll be passing the link around to a lot of people I know.

edit: linked it in the SomethingAwful kickstarter thread

3. Frelus

Frelus Member

Hmm, really looks nice. I did not know we had someone this involved in the programming scene here in the forums (Other than Gaslamp guys, cap. obvious).
    I'll look a little more, and maybe donate, but with 30€/month I'm kinda limited in my spending (Hey, I'm 16! Don't look at me like I'm some kind of bum!)
    Well, good luck with this, in every case! I hope you get all the money!

4. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Actually there are several here that are in the industry. (IS that the right word?) Anyway, there are several I know of here that make games either part time or full time for a living.

5. Createx

Createx Member

Did you try to get this into Rock Paper Shotgun? I'm not sure how much into fighting games they are, but the hivemind liked Street Fighter IV at least, and giant monsters are their cup of tea :)
    Would give you a well-deserved boost in attention :)

6. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Damn, dude, I used to LOVE those Godzilla fighting games back in the day. And Rampage? Shit, seriously?

Yeah, I'm supposed to be saving every last penny I have because I'm going on a road trip this August and I need all the cents I can get.

Yeah, I'm donating $5 regardless. :D

[edit]Donated, Tweeted (twaat?), and posted it to Facebook. Good luck, Simon.[/edit]

OmniNegro likes this.
  7. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

Rock Paper Shotgun wrote to me today - we're scheduling an interview for a feature on Kaiju Combat in the near future.

@Essence - you make me blush! It is my claim to fame that I'm pretty much the world's #1 foremost expert on video games involving giant monster battles. Not something I anticipated in my youth, but not bad.

And my kids, when asked what I do for a living, generally answer "my dad makes monsters."

Godwin, mining, banjo2E and 4 others like this.
  8. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

Dude, I own the Gamecube Rampage game! Bought it specifically for the copy of World Tour, but it wasn't a half-bad game either.

Look forward to getting this game later on, though atm I don't think it'd be a good idea for me to contribute to the kickstarter.

9. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

Obviously it would be a *GREAT* idea for you to contribute! Really. $5 gets you a login to the design forums, where you can play early builds, vote on concept art, name original monsters...

10. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

Hey, I'm all for contributing, I just don't have a reliable source of income at the moment.

(Man, I wish I had $250 to throw around...)

11. Lenbo

Lenbo Member

Why not donate $1 or $5? At least then you can help design the game.;)

12. Lenbo

Lenbo Member

13. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

We're doing a big push at G-Fest and Comic Con this weekend. If anyone's been on the fence... get off and put your money down!

Kaiju Combat is the game G-fans have been waiting years to play. If you ever loved giant monsters, fighting games, or fighting games featuring giant monsters you owe it to yourself to click the link and back the project.

Your support would really help.

If we don't reach our goal you lose nothing, so get over there and back it!
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14214732/kaiju-combat