Dredmor Patch 1.0.11 Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Yabba-Dabba-Do!

But seriously, I think Desura guys should get some sleep. And then perhaps think about getting some hands to help them with their project.

TheJadedMieu likes this.
  2. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Well, at least there's an up to date Windows build there now.

3. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Which is good, because with it, people can get the expansion from the forum.

4. Laurentide

Laurentide Member

No there isn't. :(

5. Kane

Kane Member

Yay ! This is the reply I wanted to have about HIB for the mail I send ~2 weeks ago
    (I was expected a real reply to my mail instead of find it on the forum by accident but it's ok for me ^^)

6. DawnOfNights

DawnOfNights Member

Desura has updated, the new build is up, you can play the YHTNTEP now!

OmniNegro likes this.
  7. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Yay! I was willing to go to their offices and flail-whip them until they got it up and running.
    Fred:"How about a flail-whipping, how long does that take to kill someone?"
    Angel:"Hours! If you do it properly, which you shouldn't do it at all."

A cookie to anyone who gets that reference.

8. Laurentide

Laurentide Member

Hooray! Updating now!

9. tennerage

tennerage Member

It's a bit off-quote, but it's from Angel. I've seen somebody quote that before.

10. SicBoi

SicBoi Member

Any word on a patch for GameFly? I bought my own copy today so I didn't have to play at my friend's place all the time, and I can't even use YHTNTEP.

11. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

YAY! You got it.
    Thanks.
    And someone other than me said that before? Wow.
    Also, yeah, I messed up the quote a bit. It's been a long time.

12. tennerage

tennerage Member

I think the Buffy/Angel nerds quote things from those shows occasionally.

13. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Hm..

Well, I've had a few little runs on varying settings (Always Easy, some with RotDG ticked/some unticked, no permadeath, some NTTG ticked/unticked; both 'expansions' installed and in use), and I'm finding melée is quite good now I'm using maces.

But... I think we need a new jump to go with some of the new rooms, because some rooms cannot(!) be done without a jump, and unless you have one of a few skill trees, you'll be unable to do them (unless I'm missing a trick).

I'm still playing full-melée (usually Mace/Shield/Rage/Arms/Perception/Dodge/Smithing or something along those lines) but I'm finding armour still isn't smoothing out the damage. I'm falling prey to a LOT of spike damage (I'll have to document the enemies doing it), and the melée trees don't do much to aid health regen.

As for bugs; I'm rarely sharing a tile with enemies, the level up screen (i.e. the screen saying you've levelled) goes really quick sometimes - not sure what can be done about that, the flavour text for caltrops doesn't quite sit where it should, and that's all I can think of right at this moment.

14. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

spike damage? Do you mean piercing damage? Because even with the changes to armor, it's hard to get a lot of piercing resistance without finding full plate mail on the first floor.
    Which I don't even think is possible, well, Brax sold Imperial Boilerplate Mail for me on the first floor.

OmniNegro likes this.
  15. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

By spike damage I mean I take a lot of damage in one it. It might be piercing causing it, but I'm not sure. I just know that for some attacks I'm fine but some seemingly-trivial enemies hit me for quite a lot sometimes.

But I do think one of the melée skills should add a passive health regen.

16. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Okay. That does seem weird.
    Which enemies? Diggles? Bats? Eelys?
    I've never run into enemies that do extreme damage except on a critical hit, and that's usually still negated by AA or piercing resist.
    When you mention a lot of damage, do you mean far more than they should? Like 20 from a diggle?
    Or do you mean a chain of critical hits from like a Pumpkinn? They can do well around 15 damage without decent slashing resist/AA on a critical hit.
    A diggle can't do more than 8 on a crit. Since it doubles their damage.

Every source of damage in this game can be negated by resistances, so if you're taking absurd damage from normal enemies, even with good armor, and 6 AA is all you need until floor 4, where pumpkinns and eelys will start hurting a lot.
    I play on Elvish Easy as well, all the time, and I can assure you, I've never run into odd damage spikes.

Perhaps you should submit a bug report?

17. Warlock

Warlock Member

Probably trying to fight a unique in melee. Or else the resistances don't add up enough to protect from multiple ranged attacks by a small group of ranged mobs.

18. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

The only monsters I know of that do a lot of damage in ranged attacks, besides Eelys, are the Octopods monsters on floor 3.
    Also, fighting an unique on Elvish Easy is not really a challenge. :)
    Since you'll be able to do enough damage to kill them before they can do anything more than one or two hits on you. Which from anything not from an evil chest on the first 2 floors is not much. :)

19. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

As I said, I need to go back into the game and make better notes on what's happening. I haven't had time yet, sadly.

20. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I'm tempted to say my issues are PEBKAC related (i.e. I'm the problem, not the game), now I think about it.

This is a 'thing' with the expansion rather than the patch itself (but the feedback thread goes here so what the hell) - those caltrop traps (the 1x1 that spawns a 3x3) seriously need to be nerfed on the easiest difficulty. I, personally, feel the traps they spawn are too powerful and do too much damage relative to other traps in the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.