How old are Dredmor players?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by dbaumgart, May 18, 2012.

?

How old are you?

1. 13 or less (Oh god don't read the wandlore jokes.)

4 vote(s)
    2.5%
  2. 14 to 18

23 vote(s)
    14.4%
  3. 19 to 22

39 vote(s)
    24.4%
  4. 23 to 25

30 vote(s)
    18.8%
  5. 26 to 29

29 vote(s)
    18.1%
  6. 30 to 35

22 vote(s)
    13.8%
  7. 36 to 40

6 vote(s)
    3.8%
  8. 41 to 50

4 vote(s)
    2.5%
  9. 51+ (And clearly never outgrew wand-polishing jokes.)

3 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Member

27, second largest group.. along the expected lines.

2. TheBalrogKing

TheBalrogKing Member

Not if you're my age (13).

Everyone thinks we're a bunch of brats who call each other homosexual bundles of sticks. :(

Aegho, TheJadedMieu and OmniNegro like this.
  3. Scout

Scout Member

I turn 25 later this month.

4. Shaxarok

Shaxarok Member

TheBalrogKing: The unfortunate aspect of being anything is that you're lumped with everyone else that fits the descriptor. Some of it's stereotyping, some of it's kids on xbox live screaming about homosexual stick bundles.

20~ Newly minted (as of a month or two)

5. Shaz

Shaz Member

Age is a number. Having a higher number doesn't equal more maturity, nor does a low one equal immaturity. I know and have known too many shining examples of revolting, immature 40 year olds, who still call <insert group here> bundles of sticks, and too many amazingly sharp, mature 13 year olds, who would never stoop so low as to call someone a bundle of sticks, to pass judgement on anyone if all I have to go on is the number of years they've been alive.

Not to say that I'm a shining example of someone never judging people wrongly. I'm as guilty of that as anyone, I'm sure. It's just the 'age' thing has always been one of my irritants.

Kazeto and OmniNegro like this.
  6. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

The problem with stereotyping is that it tends to have some basis in reality; just, you don't actually know what that basis is. Teenagers calling people refusebrains stems from the fact that, generally speaking, most teenagers haven't actually used curse words all that much, and therefore the idea of calling people happy cigarettes is still novel and exciting to them. This remains so until generally around 18, at which point it becomes old and they tend to exercise restraint from then onward.

Whereas, a bunch of Far East stereotypes were all created by one wandering performer in the 1800s who pretended to be the estranged prince of some far-off country that he made up. (Or was it African or Native American stereotypes? I forget.)