Extra Potions

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by zaratustra, May 14, 2012.

1. zaratustra

zaratustra Member

Version: 0.0.1

A small mod to help the poor Alchemists that have been feeling left out from the latest expansions.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3923260/Extra Potions.zip

Features mostly potions to be crafted at levels 4 and beyond:

Level 3+
    Colloidal Silver

Level 4+
    Potion of Major Healing
    Potion of Mojo
    Potion of Stink
    Amaranthine Poison
    Hotfoot Potion (hidden)
    Potion of the Glacier (hidden)
    Potion of Eternal Purity (hidden)

Level 5+
    Potion of Nonexistence
    Three-Step Healing Potion
    Aethereal Potion (hidden)
    Existential Potion (hidden)
    Squamous Potion (hidden)

Level 6+
    Lifebomb Potion
    Potion of New Life
    Pill of Power
    Pill of ?

Warlock, Aegho, OmniNegro and 2 others like this.
  2. zaratustra

zaratustra Member

Version 0.0.1 has two extra potions:

(5) Three-Step Healing Potion - A delayed healing potion for long battles, it'll heal you 5 turns, 15 turns and 30 turns later.
    (6) Lifebomb Potion - Drinking this potion deals roughly 60% worth of your maximum HP of blasting/necromantic damage to everything within a two tile radius... including yourself.

Daynab likes this.
  3. TheJadedMieu

TheJadedMieu Member

Getting a crash with the latest version. It's missing a sprite named something like "skullpuffG".

4. zaratustra

zaratustra Member

Oops. See if that fixes it.

5. TheJadedMieu

TheJadedMieu Member

That fixed it, thanks!

6. zaratustra

zaratustra Member

Fixed an issue with Potion of Stink, made Potion of the Glacier actually worthwhile to use, and added a new improved Purity potion.

7. zaratustra

zaratustra Member

OK this is the version of the mod where things start getting out of hand.

You can now craft a Pill of Power from uncraftable high-end items (anything with cost 10000+) Pills of Power grant 256 XP, and can be crafted into pills that give a permanent +1 boost to one stat.

I wanted to add an ability that turned artifacts into Pills of Power but that did not work out.

OmniNegro and Daynab like this.
  8. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

We are all pokemon now.

Essence likes this.
  9. mining

mining Member

Way too many recipes, imo - I would make that optional.

10. zaratustra

zaratustra Member

I wanted to add an ability that turns artifacts to pills, but it refuses to actually consume the artifact when used.

11. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Some of your pills point to the wrong stats. I can't tell you which ones because I don't have DoD on this comp.

12. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

I've only just begun playing with this mod and found that the savvy pill gives stubbornness. The nimble pill works correctly. Also you should increase the item level of the pills. Right now they can be found fairly commonly on the first floor of the dungeon.

Edit: I seem to be finding other strangely out of depth items, so this may be one of my other mods messing with the usual formula

13. Aegho

Aegho Member

Try giving them an item level of 20+, maybe even 999 to make them appear less often? ;)

14. I enjoyed this mod, especially the higher power health/mana and Pills of X attribute.

I was able to boost two of my core stats over 100 with the attribute pills. The game is crashing a lot, as well. Has anyone else gone over 100 in the core stats? Curious if it affects stability at all.

15. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I edited them in memory using Artmoney a few times. They use 4 byte integers, so you could actually make them insanely large. And no, the game did not have any stability issues when I did that.

The Apprentice likes this.
  16. Thanks for the info. I guess I'm down to glaring at Fax's VoM mod as the explanation for my sudden stability issues.

This is good, because I really like the way EP makes the late-tier artifacts littered about the later levels useful for something other than Brax/Fisking.

OmniNegro likes this.
  17. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I like to alternate between blaming Fax and Bergstrom. They both deserve the trouble for having the audacity to make so many delightful mods.

(Remember that Vaults of Maslech is still a beta. It has not been polished enough to really blame Fax if something goes wrong... Yet.)

Odd. I have trouble blaming Essence. I suppose it *IS* his turn though. :p

Vitellozzo likes this.
  18. Aegho

Aegho Member

Well... Essence and Ruigi both contributed buggy code to YHTNTEP...

Kazeto and OmniNegro like this.
  19. Warlock

Warlock Member

Looks to be really nice. :)

OmniNegro likes this.
  20. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Several of the pills boosting primary attributes seem to have the wrong numbers in the files, causing them to boost the wrong stat. Here's the three I've discovered so far:

Pill of Stubbornness boosts Savvy.
    Pill of Savvy boosts Stubbornness.
    Pill of Mana Regen boosts Savvy.

OmniaNigrum likes this.