The Introduction Thread

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by RKade8583, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Nikolai

Nikolai Member

I'm far too antisocial to actually post in this thread. But I did want to comment that this community seems remarkably friendly.

And that's terrific. :3

Marak and Daynab like this.
  2. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

I should probably actually do this at some point. For now, the tl;dr is that I'm Fax Celestis pretty much anywhere on the internet. I placed in the top 16 for 2012 RPG superstar, and have been playing games for as long as I can remember. I've been designing amateurishly for my whole life, but in 2007ish I decided that this was my passion and I really wanted to turn it into a career. I mostly design tabletop, but honestly if I can get my teeth into it I'll design for anything.

Marak, Kazeto, Daynab and 1 other person like this.
  3. N490

N490 Member

I've been lurking for too long.

Hello all, I'm N490, from the frozen lands of Québec, Canada. I grew up with games, and against the current pessimism that we sometimes see in different communities, I'm a fervent defender that video games (and most likely the tabletop variant, which are, sadly, beyond my knowledge) haven't been as interesting then they are now for a long while, Dredmor being one of my favorite exemple.

Keep on digglin'!

Marak, Daynab and OmniNegro like this.
  4. Cerbius

Cerbius Member

Hi!
    I'm Noah, first time on the forums guy, long time playing DoD guy...guy. I picked up the game on Steam basically on its release date, and have fallen in love with it ever since. We get married this summer; should be interesting. Hopefully those ventriloquist lessons pay off.

I'm originally from the east coast of Canada. Yes, that coast, the one where EVERYONE talks funny and your neighbours are likely to be trees. I've recently moved to the fine city of Vancouver to pursue a lifelong-childhood dream of working in the video game industry where I'll be attending classes at The Art Institute of Vancouver.

5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Hi fellow Quebecois!

6. Satraul

Satraul Member

Hey, long-time lurker here (just registered). Been around since last year.

I still can't beat Dredmor.

7. Frelus

Frelus Member

Hi I'm Frelus, pretty much likely that any Frelus you meet out there is me.
    I'm 16, go live in Germany, and *like* Rpgs and Rougelikes.
    My main hobby is playing computer games, mostly RPGs or RTSs, but if I am bored of these I take any kind of casual fast paced game/ FPS.
    My biggest wish atm is to find a group of people who play a Tabletop RPG with me (preferably PnP and locally. Hey, anyone from Essen, Germany here?).
    I am trying to become a modder now, and my first mod (not the Dresden Files one) is halfway finished. I also play Dwarf Fortress from time to time, also known as Frelus on the forum.

8. Shaz

Shaz Member

Been lurking here off and on since I purchased the game July of last year...
    ...'bout time I said something, I s'pose. Hi there! I'm Shaz, I'm located in the sweltering misery of Louisiana, and I'm in the '36-40 range' as I voted in the poll on age distribution (technically 39, but I've been told this is the point where aging ends and I'll be this age for the rest of time, however they also told me this when I hit 29, so I'm doubting the veracity of it).

Ok, so I've said my Hi! and now I'm likely to disappear into the shadows for another year. Maybe by then I'll have seen and/or defeated Dredmor. (Yeah. I'm slow. Realllly slow. But still having fun, no matter how many times I get myself in way over my head & die horribly.)

9. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I was born in that sweltering inferno sinking into the sea. I live in Texas, but there is almost nothing different except cuisine between the two areas. Welcome to the forums!

10. Shaz

Shaz Member

Not much different especially where I'm at in Louisiana, which is just a short 30 minutes or so from either the Gulf or Texas, depending on if you drive south or drive west. Howdy neighbor!

OmniNegro likes this.
  11. Scout

Scout Member

Hello hello! My name is Celes and I don't know how often I'll be posting here, but I figured I'd might as well introduce myself. :) I've never really liked roguelikes much before Dredmor, though I really hadn't played too many of them to really form a solid opinion! I live on the east coast of the US and my current computer can't handle most games, so I have a new one coming very shortly. (That said, when the new one arrives I will still be playing plenty of Dredmor, as the new expansion sounds very interesting!)

My steam ID is celestialcharade, feel free to add me if you'd like. I can always use more friends.

OmniNegro and Daynab like this.
  12. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Hello Scout. Welcome to Hell the forums. :p

Enjoy your stay! Jump into some threads and do not hold back from asking questions.

Marak likes this.
  13. Fogity

Fogity Member

Hi forum!
    I decided to celebrate my first victory over Dredmor by introducing myself on the forums.
    I won with a random skill build (Unarmed Combat, Dual Wielding, Shield Bearer, Master of Arms, Necronomiconomics, Perception and Archeology) all maxed out at the end. Played with Realm of the Diggle Gods on Dwarvish Moderation and Permadeath . Many a hero had fallen before her though. :)

I got DoD with the humble bundle and played a little bit, but then I didn't play anything until YHTNTEP came and I got that one and RotDG. Now I am waiting for Conquest of the Wizardlands and contemplating trying to make a mod.

That is all from my right now. :)

Marak, coldcandor and Daynab like this.
  14. Dratai

Dratai Member

Hello figments!
    I uh, have been lurking around for a while (mainly poking around the modding forum for hints on HOW DOs and WHAT NOTs of modding (mainly because I've been wanting to Make a set of skilltrees that would compliment one another (and would allow me to actually have a fighting chance on the last floor of RotDG/YHtNtEP-, or the last 5 floors in general, haha.
    But mostly to satisfy my curiosity about "can I?" and because I want to fulfill a certain amount of self-gratification in having an idea of mine not only playable, but shared.

Only just now, however, have bothered signing up for the forums.
    Please avoid me for the sake of your own sanity. ^.^;

I've won DoD once, the first and only time on Diggle gods with two diggle blessings and dwarvish moderation/permadeath with Staff - License to cast - burglary - alchemy - promethean magic - viking magic and blood mage. Though I generally died on the library floor and the one after many a time before that. And the next-to-last floor the time before. -As is custom.

Outside of playing games a little way too much in my sparetime, I currently work as a barista, because "coffee, damn you", other hobbies include coffee, sweets, daydreaming, sweets, writing (and occationally roleplaying because I'm a geek), drawing, daydreaming and, occationally, failing at modding. Did I mention coffee (not black, too bitter) and sugar?

My steam id would be greysketch if I remember correctly (seeing as I steam has stopped allowing manual logins for me) but if you search for Dratai you should find me - the picture I'm using has the biggest smile in all of history, because I smile a lot.

Probably because I'm crazy, probably.

I'll stop talking now. xD
    But lastly, if anyone's good at walking others through basic modding 101 or need shitty drawings for awesome mods, hit me up?

Marak and OmniNegro like this.
  15. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

'sup brah?

16. Dratai

Dratai Member

Definately not d cups.
    Full of justice.

17. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

... that makes me think of Phoenix Wrong.

I liked Phoenix Wrong, but it got clouded by too many fakes.

18. Dratai

Dratai Member

Yes, it did.
    Now I can't find most of the originals.

19. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Coffee. I love Coffee. I own two Espresso machines. One electric that uses a boiler and shoots steam through the pressed grounds, and one stovetop model that barely boils water until it expands upwards and through the grounds. I consider Coffee essential to life. So thank you for doing your part. And welcome to our little place.

20. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Should still be on Newgrounds but it has no volume control AFAIK so it's ear-splittingly loud.