Team Fortress 2

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Wayfinder, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Wayfinder

Wayfinder Member

STOUT SHAKO FOR 2 REFINED

Does anybody else here play it?

2. klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk Member

I've played it since beta, then I have stopped after the game esentially became hat fortress 2. Then I've tried it again two times, but after a few days I have uninstalled it.

3. HowlingLotus

HowlingLotus Member

From time to time. I don't care much for trading so I don't play often as that's all most people care about in that game anymore.

4. Blind Piper

Blind Piper Member

I play LAN games with my friends every now and then, but that's about it. If a group of Gaslamp Games TF2 players wanted to play together, though, I'd give it a try. Unfortunately, I've had some connection issues with the game in the past.

5. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

Been a big fan for a long time, hence the icon. If a gaslamp league started, I'd be in.

FaxCelestis likes this.
  6. Hybelkanin

Hybelkanin Member

Been a casual enthusiast of it for years :) Still try and get a few games every now and again. Don't care one bit for hats or trading though, playing and being encouraged to shoot my own feet with rocket launchers is more than enough. :)

7. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I tried playing a few times, but stopped when my friends stopped playing it, as I don't care about online games enough to play with random people. Though it still takes some HDD space from me.

8. klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk Member

Meet the Pyro is finally out.
    This Meet the Team video is probably the best one:

OmniNegro likes this.
  9. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Kazeto likes this.
  10. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Well, it certainly puts context into the phrase "When the patient woke up, his skeleton was missing, and the doctor was never heard of again."

But it still doesn't make much sense, just like every other TF2 video.

OmniNegro likes this.
  11. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

I honestly thought the medic wasn't actually going to do anything horrifying to him, and instead was just going to grab that prop in the corner and run away laughing.

12. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

It's a guy who later went on to keep Spy's head in the fridge.
    But seriously, since it's each to see that the whole video is one big joke, it at least was amusing.

13. ProtoMan

ProtoMan Member

I'm starting to get back into this ever since the pyromania update.
    As everyone before said, if you guys start a league I'll join.

14. Loswaith

Loswaith Member

Used to play TF2 but stoped when it changed from being slightly unbalanced to heavily unbalanced when they added the new weapons for each of the classes. Rather sad it went that way having been a fan TF1, TFC, and eairly TF2.

15. Teslacrashed

Teslacrashed Member

Played in Beta and up to almost a year after release.

What I really didn't care for was the game at it's core was a solid class based FPS game with solid character design decisions. I remember reading all the early developer intewviews where they said they specifically went with the artstyle and character design decisions to make it distinct and so players would know at a distance who was what.

Also the game had pretty solid balance. during the early Class updates with the side-grades.

Then they go and throw all that out the window and turned the game into a zany fest of wackiness. :/

I play it every now and then, but it really saddens me how it went from being a solid game, into a wacky crazy unbalanced mess.

16. blob

blob Member

Just started playing it, up for a gaslamp league if we make it.

edit: also, is there a way to block ALL microphones from other players ? I cant stand listening to 23 teenagers screaming / putting terrible music from their radio.

OmniNegro likes this.
  17. TheJadedMieu

TheJadedMieu Member

Gaslamp league would be uber-fun, assuming we are just playing for fun and don't take the game too seriously.

18. Rawk Hawk

Rawk Hawk Member

I've put way too many hours into TF2 (currently 1050 hours). Its probably one of my favorite games of all time.

19. Hybelkanin

Hybelkanin Member

I'd join up for sure and try to get some games in with you all if we do a DoD community stint of TF2. :)
    For starters anyone interested in playing some TF2 feel free to add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Hybel

20. ProtoMan

ProtoMan Member

I think we've got enough people here for a fairly decent-sized group. You guys wanna make a steam group and get together?