"Token of the Emperor"

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Haldurson, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I just received this as loot on level 4 of the dungeon. It's a reagent, but I have no recipes that I can find that use it. Does anyone know what this is or what it's for or where it's from?

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like a mod item.

3. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Before I posted I checked Dredmorpedia and it wasn't there -- I know that that isn't complete, but my best guess is that it's not from one of the mods that Dredmorpedia is supposed to cover.

Other than that??? That's why I'm posting lol.

/edit BTW, it looks kind of like an Ankh necklace (same graphics as that necro resist neck item).

4. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Sorry to disappoint, but there are loads of mods out there. Can you tell us what mods you run with?

I recall references to some Emperor in the Space Marine mod.

5. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Well, I know it's not my mod. I make Needful Things and WandCraft and WandCraft RotDG.

6. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

It is not the Space Marine mod. I checked and the closest I found was this.

Code:
      <item name="The Emperors power sword" iconFile="items/The Emperors power sword.png" level="9" type="0" craftoutput="1">
        <price amount="200000"/>
      <weapon hyperborean="14" righteous="4" voltaic="14" slashing="4"  />
      <description text="By the Emperor himself! how did you manage to get this!?!"/>
      </item>
    Still checking...

*Edit* Not "More Dred", not "Crafty Craftworks", not The Vaults of Maslech, not Compleat Essential Skills, not Aquamans Item Mod Shop, not Paladinner, not Roguish Renovations, not Dredstruck, not FAXPAX, not Interior Dredmorating, not Dire Gourmand, not Barrier Maiden... More being checked...

7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Oh. You can safely ignore any mods that have no itemDB.xml in the /mod/ directory for obvious reasons. I sure have. But I am running out of ideas now. I have checked anything I could imagine having it and found nothing. I will stop checking for now. But I am watching the thread and will pay close attention to any mods you have. If you have any of the mods I listed above installed, check that you are using the current version or what I said may not apply. (Some items are removed with revisions.)

8. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I'm only using mods from the workshop currently (disabled all others). So in theory, what I have should be as up to date as the workshop is. It's a long list, but this should be complete:

I have the following installed:
    Thaumite Mary
    Deaf Knight
    HAve you heard this one?
    Baristacrat
    Passive Mage
    Paladinner
    Leather Crafting
    Prismatic Bulwark
    Mana Pool Master
    Tenacioius Snakeball
    Wrestlemancy
    Death by a thousand Taunts
    Horrid Thing
    Philosorapter
    Astartes (Space Marines)
    Mana Mastery
    Monster Shouter
    Hexblade
    War Weaver
    Star Lawyer
    Grave Digger Skill
    More Dred
    Elemental Arrow
    Sweet Sweet Swag
    Wind Magic
    Meltdown
    Interior Dredmorating
    Druid Magic
    Extra Potions
    Needful Things
    Summoner
    Rambunctious Ramblings
    FAx PAx
    Compleat Essential Skills
    Circus Freak
    Galactic Hitchhiker
    Jay's Mega Phoneme Mod
    Studded Leather Coat and Sabatons recipe
    Roguish Renovation
    RAdiant Wizard
    The Milkman
    Barrier Maiden
    Runecaster

OmniNegro likes this.
  9. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Thanks. I will check each of them in a bit. For now I am going to make a few more posts. Do not worry. I will not forget.

*Edit* I just noticed that you have both Roguish Renovations and Radiant Wizard listed. RR has RW in it. So you should probably remove RW.

10. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Thanks for that catch -- I thought I had removed it (I know I removed a few others that were duplicated).
    /edit double checked and I don't actually have that installed separately . But thanks -- I do have visual focus problems (plagued with them since I was a child). I can actually think I'm reading one thing but actually am reading one line off. The way it was explained to me is that I have a problem with the muscles in my eyes so that they take more time than is normal to focus. It's part of the reason why I have lousy hand-eye coordination, why I used to have problems with standardized tests (once was exactly one number off in a standardized test -- teacher caught the problem because when she tried to grade it, she also placed the key one-off the answers and it LOOKED like I had every answer right lol. That's how I discovered the problem.

OmniNegro likes this.
  11. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

These are all that remains to check.
    Passive Mage
    Mana Pool Master

*Edit* I unblocked Steam and checked each of them except these. But I found nothing. This is a real mystery to me. I could not find the two listed above even on Steam.

It is still possible one of those I checked was a different version from the versions I just downloaded and checked, and the current versions may not have the item at all. Or it is possible one of the above has it.

12. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

It's not either of those as they only have skillDB.xml in them.

To find all mods you need to choose the option Top Rated All Time otherwise it is only showing Most Popular which wont show the lesser popular ones. Steam has a weird default on it. As far as I know, the only way to see all mods is the Top Rated All Time option.

OmniNegro likes this.
  13. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Then it must be a different version of one of the others. I checked each and every one on these forums. And all remaining but those two. But never found "token" in the itemDB.xml of any of them.

14. Neo_Combine

Neo_Combine Member

Bit late but i only just found this thread, token of the emperor was something i added via the space marine mod. I gave one of the skills a killbuff chance that gave people that and then instead of using better parts for the "emperors power sword" you would need three to craft the power sword into a better sword.

OmniNegro likes this.
  15. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

... that is a lot of mods, I'm not going to lie. I'm amazed the game still runs. -_-

Doc Gelegentlich likes this.