New Bundle at Indie Royal.

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by OmniaNigrum, Jul 1, 2012.

1. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

http://www.indieroyale.com/

What in this are you looking forward to? Any?

*Edit* None of this appeals to me in any way. I see several games that are five or more years old and were not particularly good back then. Today they are pure suck. And the Airmech bonus is the same bonus as last time. I think it had a different special item last time, but the game is baitware.

2. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

Serious Sam 2 is EPIC FUN. There are several games in that bundle I am not familiar with - so I can't give a certain assessment of their quality. But Serious Sam 2 is any easy rec from me.

3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I played SS2 and thought it was lacking. I cannot exactly say what it was lacking, but it felt like a boring game to me besides the pure carnage it offers in abundance. Too much carnage for my ideals.

To each their own. :)

4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

might get this bundle for my SO because they like SHMUPS a lot. but otherwise, nothing here is really that interesting to me.

5. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

I'd say you should buy this bundle, if only for Serious Sam and for the 3 bullet hell games. That's a genre that, aside from this bundle and Jamestown, does not exist outside Japan.

It's exactly the same Airmech thing as last time, down to the pet thing, but it's a beta key for a f2p game anyway so it's not like it costs the developers anything to give those things out.

6. Cream Magneto

Cream Magneto Member

the Gundemonium games are pretty nice,i remember buying them last year on the winter sale,one the of few doujin games to ever make it on steam.

Warning = if you are a noob at danmaku games Gundemonium with totally kick your a$$,specially Hitogata Happa.

i recommend finishing Touhou 6~13 first on normal modo before tackling Gundemonium.

so yeah,go play Touhou and Jamestown if you havent already 0,0y-~~

Kazeto likes this.
  7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Those Bullet Hell games are uber twitchy games. They require the attention span and reaction time of a spaz 12 year old on meth.

The Airmech thing last time was not a pet. It was a +15% experience hat or somesuch.

8. Frelus

Frelus Member

I just got the bundle, dl'd the airmech thingy and just finished the acceleration game, lets see how it is!

9. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Well, I didn't necessarily look forward to anything in this bundle, but the price I had to pay to get it isn't high and there are 3 bullet hell game in there (which are always fun to play if they are done well, with these being done well, if you don't mind getting a little frustrated with dying every so often).

But yeah, I really suggest that people who want to tackle these get through the Touhou games first, at least on the normal difficulty, or any other equivalent (Jamestown on higher difficulties is also a good introduction to the genre). Trying to just jump into these will only annoy people who aren't used to the gameplay.

10. Cerbius

Cerbius Member

Nothing particularly jumps out at me on this bundle. Or any of the previous Indie Royals of recent times, to be honest. Airmech is the only one (cause booooy do I love me some mechs!), but even then, you're paying for an in game item, since the game is going to be F2P.

There is still a few days left on it, so I'll give it some time.

11. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

That's understandable - there were some better games in the bundles from some time ago. Still, these are passable (and for their price, they are good) if you like the genres they represent. I like the bullet hell genre so it's a good set for me, but people who don't like that particular genre and have Serious Sam 2 aren't going to find it worth of the price.