Dredmor Patch 1.0.11 Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

I will note, in passing, that as of Monday, 2:30 PM, I have yet to hear back from Desura again. So I'm assuming they're operating on business days. I will also note that we have no exclusivity deal with Steam for anything; we did the Steam Workshop because it was a fun idea, and because we thought that there would be a boost in sales from being an early adopter. (There was, and it was.) If Desura wanted to introduce a similar update service for mods, which might make sense given their ties to ModDB, we would engineer in support for that as well.

Desura is about three dudes trying to make a full-time go of it. Dave and Tim and the crew are fabulous people, but they don't have the resources of Valve. I imagine we're buried in a queue somewhere. If I don't hear from them by the end of Tuesday, I'll escalate things.

HIB and Gamefly:

HIB is waiting on something that we're working on in conjunction with them, namely a way to get people who bought the game during HIB a way to buy the expansion packs (and also another channel to buy Dredmor for people who don't like Steam.) I'm not sure what's going on here, as this is actually in Daniel's bailiwick, but I'll poke him if I see him online. (Right now he's busy moving Gaslamp payroll over to a new payroll service, and this is causing headaches and pain.)

Gamefly... is being totally noncommunicative; we're not sure what's up, but I'll keep you posted.

mining, Marak, TheJadedMieu and 4 others like this.
  2. Nicholas

... and as soon as I write that Gamefly gets back to me. Yahoo!

mining, Marak, TheJadedMieu and 2 others like this.
  3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

They were watching the thread. Waiting for you to say something about them. :)

Marak likes this.
  4. Teslacrashed

Teslacrashed Member

Well I never make it very far past level 2, but I like how there was still new mobs/items/traps for us under-achievers.

5. Wolg

Wolg Member

I'd like to thank the creators of the mirror shield and those throwable circular saw blades for directly contributing to my first Dredmor kill.

(GRPD, unarmed/armsmaster/berserk/assassin/burglary/archaeology/smithing if anybody's curious)

OmniNegro likes this.
  6. DoDgirl

DoDgirl Member

So I installed and created a new account for Steam to see what this hubbub about the new patch was ( since I like trying to be current ) but it's asking me to buy ALL of the DLC. I click "install content" but do I really have to repurchase DoD to do it? Even though it's free it won't let me dl it.

... I bet this is the wrong place again. :p

7. Warlock

Warlock Member

Sadly, I think you do have to repurchase it.

8. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

DoD is not free. The second expansion pack is free. The base game and RotDG cost good old fashioned money. (But not much.)

9. DoDgirl

DoDgirl Member

I don't want to buy a game I already own ( and recently restarted playing ) ... So I guess I won't be updating then.

10. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

11. DoDgirl

DoDgirl Member

Crappy customer service. I did cancel the account and Steam is just all around useless as a program; everytime I tried to get a password resent to me the service would just say the page wasn't working or some nonsense. I even created a NEW steam account just to get a FREE update and apparently I'll have to pay $7 for that 'free' update. Pft. When I had steam I didn't like it so that's why I killed the account.

They're a headache.

Sorry. I'm just infuriated with the company and program yet again. This is not the first time I've had DLC and Game troubles with them.

12. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Well, a really nice person could gift you the game, thereby saving you the money. I'm sure there are plenty of nice people here. Even Omni has a spare copy of Dungeons of Dredmor around, I think.

If no one steps up any time soon, I could gift it to you. $7 dollars is not much to me.

That said, I'm sorry you have problems with Steam. I can count on one hand the times I have had issues with it, and they all got resolved by a support ticket.

Kazeto and OmniNegro like this.
  13. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Irony for you... I just did exactly that. :)

DavidB1111, Kazeto and Warlock like this.
  14. Nicholas

(Desura pinged again, by e-mail.)

15. Warlock

Warlock Member

How soon can the patch be expected to arrive at Desura or Gamefly, or both?

16. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

For Desura, you are better off asking the Desura crew.
    For Gamefly, feel free to pester Nicholas about that, since he did say he got a response from them.

17. Warlock

Warlock Member

Just asking out of curiosity. My copy is on Steam anyway, as you well know. :p

18. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Desura. I like the ideals. But they really need to hire a half-dozen office clowns to handle the updates and such. I cannot find a game that is updated regularly that is really happy with them at current. Sad Panda is Sad.

19. Nikolai

Nikolai Member

I don't understand why people are differentiating HIB and Steam. I got a steam key from my HIB page, don't other people do too?

20. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

They are expecting to be able to download the game from the Humble Bundle server. That was how I first played the game. I dislike Steam too, but I do not see it as the problem. I see it as the consequence of the problem. The Humble Bundle does not make it easy for a developer to update the game on their servers. They just think it is a low priority since the people can always redeem their key on Steam.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.