[BETA] The Vaults of Maslech

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by FaxCelestis, Jun 12, 2012.

1. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Ah. Okay. I wasn't sure if that was solvable or not.
    Really enjoying the mod so far. I haven't found any amazing artifacts other than the 9 :resist_hyperborean: gloves that shoot out frost that ruins my enemies day, especially combined with a powerful bolt eruptor from an evil chest with a whopping 5 AA!
    Oh, found the Kronghammer, but I had swords. :)

Also, uh, the purify object command is basically a renamed This translation is all wrong. That can't be right, can it?
    I wasn't expecting it to be that, considering it's description.
    Maybe taking Archaeology breaks that ability?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Purify Object does This Translation and Heckforge, but gives a huge, long debuff (that can actually kill you if you stack it too high).

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Really? Because it did absolutely nothing to me when I used it. It just asked to send for Marcus Brody.
    I don't know why or how it would do both, but wouldn't it make sense to do the flames of the heckforge first? Because that will remove corruption from monsters, allowing the reroll to be better off.

Also, having it potentially kill you doesn't seem very useful at all. And it seems counter to the description of the skill.
    I'm curious why it should have a massive debuff? You're just getting rid of corruption and rerolling the stats on an item, why is that considered too powerful by itself?

Corruption isn't that powerful to begin with.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. FaxCelestis

Well, it debuffs you -10:burliness::caddishness::sagacity::savvy::nimbleness::stubborness: and -1:tinkerer::wand_burn::alchemy::smithing:, which includes -20:life:, which can kill you.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Well it didn't do that to me. Thankfully.
    Still, that's a bit harsh, isn't it?

I'm probably missing something simple.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

It's an insta-kill curse for anyone that dares use it while having less than 21 health points.
    So it's not harsh, for as long as you remember to stop when it becomes dangerous.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Well -:burliness: and -:caddishness: don't drop your current hp, you'd just die if you had 20 hp max (same with :sagacity: btw).

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Well, like I said, I told you I was probably missing something simple. :)
    Glad it didn't trigger the debuff on me though.

A good bug if there ever was one.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

I used the purify object like 5 times in my last game and never got the Debuff. Is it randomly that you get it, or are you supposed to get it every time?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. FaxCelestis

You're supposed to get it all the time. I'll fix it, I see the error on it now.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Curses, Foiled again. <Twirls mustache>

I'll continue to play more of this, and let you know if something really weird happens.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  12. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

Yeah, I think I'll be using your mod skill in most of the builds I play (it's just sooooo useful!) so I'll let you know if I come across anything funny.

I've been taking a small break from DoD to play the new Civ 5 xpac, but I've been working on my new mod a little bit at a time and will need good rogue skills to test it with as well, so yeah, lots of me using your stuff, as always. What can I say, you make an awesome mod.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. FaxCelestis

Here is a new build. It WILL break saves.

Attached Files:

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. What types of things did you change in the build?

Edit to Add: Excavation doesn't affect Prison Bars. Unsure if normal, but seemed odd.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. FaxCelestis

Excavation only digs walls, not blockers. You need Push Comes to Shove for that.

Some rooms changed floors, some new rooms were added (mostly in the mines level). some new, hilarious and/or evil traps were put in, other traps were fixed, and there's a metric fuckton of sprites that need statting. If you want a sneak preview of what's to come, look in /sprites/ at the new stuffs.

OmniNegro likes this.
  16. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Lol. I love it. :) :) :)

17. FaxCelestis

Or, failing that, just look at my DeviantArt.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Sword in the Stone should be a mace. :) I am sure you get the idea. :)

banjo2E likes this.
  19. Feedback re the Fast learner effect. With a vegan/perceptive character, the screen gets kind of crowded with all the nofications (Lucky Find! Green harvest! Ect). I don't know of a way to decrease some of them, but maybe make the message less intrusive? Like just a "." instead of "Fast Learner?"

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

Yeah, but then you wouldn't know what specifically proc'd.

OmniaNigrum likes this.