[BETA] The Vaults of Maslech

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by FaxCelestis, Jun 12, 2012.

1. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

Having been playing with this for a while now, I can say that so far the only problem I have had is that with all the mystic portals running around (I have had 1 on every floor from 1-5), my character is a bit blinged out right now...I am sure he doesn't mind, but poor Big D just doesn't stand much of a chance (unless, of course, a hoard of corruption washes my way LOL).

That being said, the tree mystic portal room was totally amazing and I had soooooo much fun in there.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Did you come across the leaking reactor?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

I have no yet, still playing the guy, just hit floor 6...doing some crafting...will begin exploring soon

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. delta534

delta534 Member

Things I learned from this mod. Praying to Inconsequentia on floor 0 will cause the game to crash, sometimes.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

As will fisking to the fisking god on floor 0...or Kronging to the Krong on floor 0...but only some of the time...

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. FaxCelestis

Teaser screen of new stuff I'm sneaking in:
    highlyjudgementaltrap.jpg

7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Wow Fax. You continue to impress us. :)

8. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

I'm really enjoying the Inception rooms. They tend to be more open and harder to bottleneck, so it forces the player to use a completely different set of tactics.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

That seems fine. It's the corruption traps I'm a bit nervous about.

Until the game gets better corruption removal abilities besides just Archaeology and Demonology.
    I'll go give this a whirl. I take it to test it, you play with only it, and no other mods?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. FaxCelestis

You can play with other stuff too. Delver also has a corruption remover.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Ah. Okay.
    By the way, the Push comes to shove. When it mentions breaking the item you push, how exactly does that work? I'm not aware it's possible to completely destroy an item in this game.
    I take it it's a lot like the Charlemagne skill of the Archaeology tree? But limited?

Also, wow. I'm really lucky so far. Two fountains, and two items in them. What are the odds of that?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. FaxCelestis

It hits an adjacent square for a pretty strong knockback that only hits items. 10% of the time, it destroys whatever's there instead.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

I'll probably experiment more with that skill. It pushes pillars of rocks out of the way.
    So far, having fun, running into some really small rooms, like 2x3 offshoots, which is unusual.

Found a vault room, with an artifact necromantic tome on level 1. Neat room design.
    OH, my, two mysterious portals on the first floor. :eek: One in a very small room like I mentioned, and the other in a big room.
    What's a good level to go into one at? Level 10+?

On floor 2, ran into two Incoquencia shrines in a row. The ones that are in a small room with a lot of gold and a tomb?
    Little odd to see two of them connect.
    I hope you don't mind the detailed reports. I tend to do that.

Another thing, a monster stepped on a Victorious rune on the ground, and I got the buff. :) Don't know if that's supposed to happen, but I'm not complaining.

By the way, any possible way to mark Mystery portals on the map, so I don't have to search around for 10 minutes if I forget where it is?

Oh, yeah, clicked on a Shrine to Incoquencia in a mysterious portal and the game crashed.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Playing with this mod on a GRPD run. I like the new trap types, and the text is enjoyable. Just finished DL 1. I did notice that the mod reduces the Caltrop Eruptor traps a lot. As in, I didn't find a single eruptor trap the whole level. The core run I just finished had me tripping over them every other room it seemed like. (Might be RNG, but throwing it out there.)

As far as new rooms- so far the only ones I've noticed were the "Jail Block" ones, with 4ish jail cells and a lever to open them below. Nice additions.

Edit to Add: Found a huge (like 3/8ths of the level) crypt room with small square rooms within it. Found 4(!) Krong Altars within it. While I certainly like it (Going for Inak Mk II), seems like a lot of Kronging compared to the core game.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. mining

mining Member

More traps => more variety :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. FaxCelestis

That's just the RNG for you. The Krong crypt room filler is one in 24 different options to fill that hole. You just got lucky.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Re the Handy ability- sometimes when I trigger it nothing appears. With items I have a copy of in inventory (like, say, coal) they appear at the characters feet. My zormkids don't increase. What am I missing, or is the ability supposed to generate nothing from time to time?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. FaxCelestis

There's a few typo'd items (Burnt-Out Wand instead of Burnt Out Wand and Voltaic Power Cell instead of Voltaic Cell, I think, are the two I know about).

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Victorious runes and the Feeblemind traps give their buff/debuff on you when a monster steps on them.
    I'm up to floor 11 now, and having a lot of fun. Had mostly good luck with Krong throughout the game, made some parachute pants amazing.
    Shrines to Incoquencia on Floor 0 do crash the game I believe, might want to fix that, somehow.
    Having fun so far. I actually like the rooms filled with traps.
    Except when feeblemind traps get triggered by monsters.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. FaxCelestis

Nothing I can do about that, unfortunately. That should be filed as a bug.

OmniaNigrum likes this.