Modding Requests

Discussion in 'Modding' started by J-Factor, Dec 29, 2011.

1. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

You can already do this with a spell chain.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  2. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

You can already do that buy linking multiple triggers together.

3. Isc4riot

Isc4riot Member

Sure I can but it would be MUCH easier to just be able to write something like requirebuffontriggername="name,name1,name2" Or requirebuffontriggerfromlist kind of thing.

For instance one mod I'm working on right now requires a buff to be able to cast buffs that trigger buffs. And spells that trigger based on the buffs triggered by buffs which should cancel some of the buffs. Its getting really complicated and putting multiple buffs in requirebuff would be really helpful.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Null

It's not that much and it's not worth wasting development time on what can already be done fairly easily. Writing chains of requirebuffontrigger's is not difficult nor really time consuming because of copy-pasting,

5. mining

mining Member

QFT, also you can just template it all up and use find and replace.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Megaron

Megaron Member

I'm sure this has been said, but we REALLY need wands to be able to target things other than the player and monsters. Pretty please with sugar and an Arlian cherry on top?

OmniNegro likes this.
  7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

8. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

This is already how it works.

Code:
    <spell name="Vampirism Attack" type="target" >
        <effect type="drain" necromantic="1" necromanticF="0.14" taxa="Demon" />
      <effect type="drain" necromantic="1" necromanticF="0.14" taxa="Other" />
      <effect type="drain" necromantic="2" necromanticF="0.25" taxa="Animal" />
      <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/glintA/glintA" frames="5" framerate="60" centerEffect="0" sfx="fleshbore" />
      <effect type="heal" amount="1" /> <!-- a free point of health, for effort. -->
      </spell>

OmniNegro likes this.
  9. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I feel stupid yet again... Thanks Fax. :p

10. Isc4riot

Isc4riot Member

Is there a way to make summoned items and monsters last only for a certain amount of time? And if not, well, why not?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Null

Because it takes developer time, which is why everything here isn't implemented (that and they probably haven't seen everything in here). Besides, you can already do that with monsters.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Isc4riot

Isc4riot Member

Yeah well but IMO giving as many tools as possible to the modder is the best thing the creator can possibly do.
    More tools = more mods = less time needed to develop things. Something like Bethesda and Elder Scrolls games. They release a finished product and modders shape it into perfection.

Also mind telling me how do I make monster lasts for a specified time please?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. mining

mining Member

There's a lot of mods with things that end effects. IIRC Rogue Scientists acid projector uses one.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Null

Set a delayed trigger that kills it and destroys its corpse.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

If it's possible, please make "triggeroncast" work on equipment. Possibly also on buffs, but it's more important for it to work on items, since right now there are no on-cast triggers on either, and while it's possible to emulate it on buffs (being skill-dependent) without much of a hassle, it's much harder to emulate such an effect on items since they aren't tied to skill trees which are the only place from where said buff works.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. zellking

zellking Member

Having a trigger for buffs to run out when you reach a certain amount of health would be nice, as opposed to a certain amount of hits taken, dealt or mana running out.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Isc4riot

Isc4riot Member

I guess it's kind of late now with the exp coming out tomorrow but something like removable="0" on dot effect type would be nice. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but uncurse effect removes all my dots even when using bad="0" on them.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

19. bluehinter

bluehinter Member

I second the request to be able to include custom sfx in our mods.

As for myself, I'd really really really like the ability to add centerEffect="1" to halo animations (rather than always making it justified to the top of the player's head) and a beneath="1" value to all animations, so it's possible to choose whether the animation appears above or below the player/target. (you can flub it a bit with spell mine animations, but it's not the same)

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.