Modding Requests

Discussion in 'Modding' started by J-Factor, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

The debuff shows up on the enemy's mouseover?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Not with triggers I mean. You can't have an effect trigger only on one of them.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

I'd like to be able to scale effects to current HP/MP, rather than (or in addition to) maximum.

4. Isc4riot

Isc4riot Member

Ability to somehow create our own templates. Not sure if this isnt already possible and I just dont know about it. (If its the second please do tell how do I make my own templates D: )

A remote mine trigger from range effect type would be nice too for those times when the bloody monster somehow keeps avoiding it (And other cool effects too).

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. FaxCelestis

It is. Look in manTemplate.xml, put a copy in your mod with your new templates.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. ProtoMan

ProtoMan Member

Also (back onto my original trigger options request, to some degree) to trigger procs when under X hp- a sort of "last stand" buff when you're close to dying.

Just look at manTemplateDB.xml in the game files.
    It has a little guide at the top and everything.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Isc4riot

Isc4riot Member

Oh cool thanks. Also so I contribute to the topic help me understand this first.
    Lets say we have a spell that does slashing damage. Lets use:
    Code:
    effect type="damage" slashing="10" slashingF="1" secondaryscale="2"
    Lets say we have 5 melee power. The resulting spell will do 15 slashing damage right?

If so could there be a scaling from actual damage types too? So the spell scales with your weapon slashing damage lets say. Or you could use necromantic damage and let it scale off your bonus necromantic damage.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. FaxCelestis

Yes, that's scaling right. No, you can't scale to specific damage types, just primary and secondary stats.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Yes.
    No. And making it possible is a way to make it even more likely for people to crash their copies of DoD.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. ProtoMan

ProtoMan Member

I'm confused by this statement.
    How is calling a getter method for one int going to be less stable than calling a getter method for another int?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Isc4riot

Isc4riot Member

To this I'd like to add: Flying should not trigger traps. Because, well, you are flying n stuff.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Null

Well I think he thought that :dmg_necromatic: scaling of :dmg_necromatic: would cause a recursive loop (ie a stack overflow if unbounded) while in reality they're two different things (ie it's not a buff but rather spell damage that's being added so it can't loop)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Not really. It's just that there are two damage sets - one for melee, and one for ranged, and new modders are going to confuse them a lot in stupid ways.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Isc4riot

Isc4riot Member

Well nothing would need to change, there would just need to be added crapload of new secondary ids.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Isc4riot

Isc4riot Member

As there is a dig effect type that makes holes in walls perhaps there could be a dig effect that makes water/magma pools on ground.

And a switch effect type that switches the positions of player and monster/item.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. ProtoMan

ProtoMan Member

How would that cause crashes? It just sounds like an idiot would make a spell that scaled with ranged slashing damage instead of melee, resulting in terrible balance.

Although the range in which you would use these damages to scale your spells instead of the existing IDs wouldn't be very wide...

That wouldn't cause recursion. You would be calling the stat of your equipment & perks :dmg_necromatic: combined, multiplied by the scale, and added to the static :dmg_necromatic: defined by the tag.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Null

You do realize that's exactly what I saw saying there?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

A functioning horadric lutefisk cube block for minecraft.

...What do you mean, not that kind of modding request thread?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Isc4riot

Isc4riot Member

Ability to consume a specific item (based on item name probably) when using the "item" spell type. And an amount of said item would be nice too.

OmniaNigrum, FaxCelestis and Kazeto like this.
  20. Isc4riot

Isc4riot Member

More than one buff in requirrebuffontrigger or requirebuffontriggernot. So certain spells trigger only when you have all the required buffs.

OmniaNigrum likes this.