Help Fill Out the Mod Wiki

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Nicholas, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

The mighty Citizen Daniel has started a mod wiki at http://www.dredmod.com for tomorrow's launch, and is busy filling it even as we speak. That said, it could use some love from experienced modders.

If you have some time, why not write us a tutorial or add some content?

Exile likes this.
  2. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Doing Skills Tutorials as we speak.

3. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

I will buy you all candy! Seriously thanks for your help guys, I am actually not all that great with wikis, I just have an abundance of enthusiasm/panic to throw at it. I'm doing a totally start-to-finish mod how-to right now including where the folders go and all of that. Anything else that you can possibly think of would be fantastic.

Essence likes this.
  4. FaxCelestis

Just put up level and stat breakdowns.

5. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

Awesome. Shall I link them up to the reference section?

6. FaxCelestis

Please. I'll do some more tonight/tomorrow. Bowling league!

7. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Adding all sorts of notes about things I've learned while modding rooms, and correcting some errors in the room system reference.

8. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

I've temporarily changed the links to the subsections so that they are now indexes of categories. This way anyone can write up a tutorial or reference post and have it show up on the major subsection pages. Let me know if there's a classier way to do this.

9. Catbread

Catbread Member

Might I make a request?

Actually getting anything to work aside, the #1 thing I would like to know how to add is recipes.
    I'm making a skill centered entirely around apples, and it'd be a lot cooler if I could have it unlock and employ various apple-related recipes. (Finally, something good to make with apples.)

So. If anyone out there is having trouble deciding which bits of their encyclopedic knowledge of Dredmor mods to record in the wiki, I'd like to craft some crafts!

P.S. You are all awesome

10. iamgoofball

iamgoofball Member

I have a request for the wiki as well.

How do you find the base game files, like sprites, .xml files, etc., on the Mac version? I planned to try modding, but as I can't draw, I was going to use some of the base icons contained in the game. Only problem is, I don't know the skill icons and various other icons's names, or where to find them.

So I was gonna ask if you add a reference on the wiki containing the name of all the icons and such, for modders to use if they don't use custom-made graphics and sprites.

11. Xaxio

Xaxio Member

12. zaratustra

zaratustra Member

OmniNegro likes this.
  13. Phobus

Phobus Member

Did you get the information you were after Catbread?

I put together a cooking style mod recently, so if you're looking for something I'll do my best to try and help. =)

14. Catbread

Catbread Member

Yea, I found out how to add recipes. I'm good for now, but I'll be sure to ask if I get stuck again!

A cooking-style mod is a great idea. It felt pretty odd, trying to assign culinary recipes to things like an ingot press or a porta-still.

15. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

I don't think you have much option there. I tried a number of things trying to build my own crafting tools (and bags of holding, and etc) and got pretty much nowhere with it.

16. Phobus

Phobus Member

Yeah, for now, it uses the ingot press.

17. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

I've added a lot of new content to the wiki, if anyone wondered if it was still being updated..

Turbo164 likes this.
  18. Wootah

Wootah Member

Just noticed this thread that is like 2 months old. I suddenly have the urge to make a mod. Was there a front page post about dredmod.com? If there was, I feel silly.

19. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

There was, but it's been a long time.

20. MasterShizzle

MasterShizzle Member

The dredmod wiki seems to have been heavily spammed lately. I'd hate to see it go by the wayside, as it's a great resource for modders and has the potential to be even more awesome. I appeal to the admins, please help!

I'm more than happy to help clean up the wiki where I can, but I can't block users or delete pages. So far none of the actual content seems to be affected, but it's only a matter of time...

EDIT: Looks like the mods have done some housecleaning. Awesomesauce, guys!

Also, I've fleshed out the crafting tutorial and added a section on how to do encrusts. Enjoy.

iamcreasy likes this.