YHTNTEP without Steam?

Discussion in 'You Have To Name The Expansion Pack' started by JuliaW, Jun 12, 2012.

1. JuliaW

JuliaW Member

My boyfriend and I bought Dredmor outside of Steam (Humble Bundle) and we'd would love to play the new expansion since it's free and all, but I'd kinda prefer not to install Steam 'cos I'm really picky about what I put on my computer. How do I get and install the free expansion?

2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Good question. At current, I do not think there is an answer. Give it time. They will get it out for you soon.

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I believe they were working on getting it on Desura (which has standalone downloads but given that it's merely an expansion I'm not sure how it would work.)

I'm going to ask around and I'll get back to you when I know what the plans are.

4. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Does someone awesome want to make a torrent for this? Seriously, that'd be fine - it IS a free expansion.

Edit: We're going to set one up once we're done moving desks around the office.

5. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I'm not sure about making a torrent, but if it's alright with you, here is a link to a packed copy of the "expansion2" folder.

http://db.tt/ooC7yQou

If anything else is required, just let me know or something. Alternatively, if you don't like the idea of it being uploaded like that, just remove the link or tell Daynab to do it.

OmniNegro likes this.
  6. Daynab

All I'm wondering is if there's any files missing. Does the expansion overwrite dredmor.exe or does it use the same patched up exe without it? hmm.

7. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

It uses the same exe as the patch.

8. Daynab

Oh, excellent.

9. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Attached Files:

iamcreasy, Essence and onesandzeroes like this.
  10. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

This is just a bump post. I am seeding right now. Enjoy and please bother to seed it yourself too. There is not risk involved. This is free and the Gaslamp Games crew approve of us seeding it to everyone who wants it. :)

I will switch over to seeding the official Torrent once one comes around. Thank you everyone!

11. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Since it is still going, I presume this works. Thank you to anyone seeding it. (There are currently 9 seeds besides myself.)

12. onesandzeroes

onesandzeroes Member

Yeah, I downloaded it last night, and I'll seed whenever my torrent client's open. Works fine, even though I'm on linux, and this is (presumably) from a Windows install.

OmniNegro likes this.
  13. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

It is from my Windows system. Zipped with 7 Zip.

14. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

As a matter of fact, here are the exact settings I use in 7Zip. I doubt anyone will care, but these are the settings I use for archiving anything for Windows users. I actually prefer Rar as an archive format. But this works almost as well, and is more compatible.
    7zip.jpg

This image is just the important parts. And it is not any real content. I just right clicked my DoD shortcut and used the 7Zip menu to select "Add to Archive".

15. J.A.Q.K

J.A.Q.K Member

Hi, i downloaded the DLC and all but when i try to play it a warning says that i need a skullpuffG and other folders, why?
    I have the 1.0.10 ver + RotDG

16. Daynab

The latest version is 1.0.11, so you should update. If you're on Steam and it won't update for some reason try reinstalling.

17. J.A.Q.K

J.A.Q.K Member

Welp.
    I dont have the steam version of the game i actually get it from a bundle
    Oh well, looks like ill wait for the non-steam patch
    Thank though:cool:

18. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Every time I see this thread on the What's New page, I think, "I never knew that Nyarlathotep had a little brother..."

[/offtopic]

19. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

If it was the Humble Bundle, it came with Steam keys. I just checked my copy of that bundle to verify this.
    Humble.jpg

I hate Steam, so I can understand not wanting to use it, but you only need to redeem your key and download the game. Then copy the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dungeons of dredmor" directory as it is out of there and you can safely uninstall Steam altogether if you want. I copied the DoD game to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dungeons of Dredmor\" and made a shortcut and it works perfectly.

Kazeto likes this.
  20. Or you can get it from Desura. They don't force you to install their app. :)