Steam Workshop mods don't appear in Mod Loader

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Nyan Space Core, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello. This is my post on Steam Forums.
    In Known issues thread, I found one thing:
    Well, my Documents/Gaslamp Games looks like this:
    C:\Users\Администратор\Documents\Gaslamp Games\Dungeons of Dredmor

So, how can I change this? Can I change DoD's folder or something?

2. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

you need to change your user account in windows to something that does not use cyrillic letters.

for example: Change "Администратор" to "Administrator"

3. Problem is, real account name is different(not cyrillic).

4. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

~sigh~
    But the account was originally created that way, meaning that the problem will persist unless you know what to change.

Personally, I think that exporting your user account's settings somewhere, creating a new account that has a more normal name from the start, and then importing said settings, is the easiest way to do it.

5. Gosh. So until devs will fix this(if they will) only choise to play is another account with non cirillic username. Kinda sucks.
    If I will use .zip mods, they won't work either, right?

WAT.

How game can't open mods in this folder, while it can load my saves.

6. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

A programming shenanigan. Don't ask for explanation if you treasure your sanity.

7. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

8. I hope that devs can fix this as soon as possible, because I don't want to do all those steps now. Better play without mods then.

Or there is any chance that I can change which folder DoD needs to use?(except creating new Windows account)

9. Daynab

Unfortunately, if there's a way, I don't know how.

10. pikiby

pikiby Member

Nyan Space Core

Привет товарищ XD Панель управления- часы, язык регион - язык и региональные стандарты - дополнительно - язык программ не поддерживающих юникод - английский (великобритания).
    Ударим пролетарской смекалкой по буржуазным программным ошибкам, ура.

Kazeto and ProFan like this.
  11. ProFan

ProFan Member

Ух ты ж, работает!
    На "семёрке" это отображается при параметре просмотра "значки"

12. stinkytaco

stinkytaco Member

Hello Nyan Space Core,

First off, you need the no name mod.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/98821/?snr=1_5_9__405

You need to launch the game from Steam, If you linked directly to your ".EXE" file then it will not let the mods show up.
    Simply run it from inside steam, and give it a few seconds.

Make sure the mod loader says you are connected to the steam workshop.

Go to the workshop FROM INSIDE STEAM and subscribe away... It should load the mods in realtime. There is one with 70 items. DO NOT GET IT! it is missing a bunch of .png files. Other than than it seems like the rest are working for me.

Wow gee, way to be smug dude.

[​IMG]

Almost thought I was in 4Chan for a minute there.

Made this account just to help that poor guy out.

13. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Wow, gee, way to be a rude asshole who has no idea what he/she is talking about.

His problem was that the game could not find the mod directory at all because it has problems with accessing said directory if there are any non-English characters in the pathname, such as the Cyrillic characters in Nyan Space Core's name. You know nothing about it, so instead of accusing others of being smug when they are trying to be helpful, spend some time on gaining knowledge that is relevant to to the discussion you chose to barge into.

So no, you haven't helped him in the slightest, and the only thing you've managed to do was presenting yourself as an annoying person. And the ones who actually managed to help him were Daynab and pikiby.

OmniNegro and mining like this.
  14. Daynab

Nothing to see here, OP got his/her answer a while ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.