XML workaround for warlockery

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kaidelong, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

I think I know how it might be possible to workaround puissant veil's nonfunctioning at current:
    By the looks of it, even a buff with 0 turn duration will briefly be active if it gets triggered during a block, and if it provides a playerHitEffectBuff it will trigger in retaliation to the hit that was blocked, (and all subsequent hits, but it is a workaround). blockBuff may not work on target spells but it works fine on other spells, so the buff can still be triggered from the blockBuff even if puissant touch cannot be.

2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Wait, Warlockery is broken? In what way?​

3. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Puissant Veil doesn't work. Target spells are not triggered by blockBuff. Given the comment <!-- until this works --> I figured you must have known about this.

Clarification: Puissant Veil does nothing at all and this is not what is intended, definitely.

4. Essence

I mentioned it to Nicholas a while back, i figured he'd fix it before the release, and I haven't playtested that level since. @-@

I'll poke him about it again. :)

5. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

I actually discovered this trying to implement something similar for barrier maiden, thinking "why doesn't this work", then testing Puissant Veil and finding out it didn't work there either. I arrived at a different solution that suggested this workaround.

6. Essence

Well, I'll point David here to do it this way if Nicholas cant get to it directly. :)

7. doorhandle

doorhandle Member

I'm certain it works, but you should check the "Aikido for Adventures" skill in the dodge tree as well: it works by a similar mechanic except tied to dodging, and could serve as a guide/be checked to see if it still works.

8. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

...?

I tested it pretty thoroughly and never saw it happen. You sure blockBuff triggers target spells?

Aikido for Adventurers does work, but it's a triggerOnDodge not a blockBuff.

9. Essence

Nicholas has confirmed privately that it's borked and he's working on it. :)

10. NefariousKoel

NefariousKoel Member

Just found out Puissant Veil isn't working.

Bummed. :(

Also: I can't turn off the 'Essence of Battle' buff from the Warlockery. It just runs & runs until I'm out of mana and it can't go any longer. Is this WAD?

11. mining

mining Member

Part 1: Not as intended, is being fixed.
    Part 2: Its what its meant to do.

12. Isc4riot

Isc4riot Member

Puissant Veil should cast Puissant Touch on the target whose hit got blocked right? Should this work the same with dodgeBuff? I'm having a small problem with my spell not procing on dodges. Works only when I use template. I even tried reproducing the Aikido for Adventurers effect with using triggerondodge instead of dodgeBuff but it doesnt work either.