After the Win (DoD based Everway-on-forum rpg signup surround!)

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Essence, Jun 3, 2012.

1. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

The guide to the fortune deck says about The Phoenix, Reversed: "If any card in this deck indicates a character's death, this one is it."

2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I always knew I was crazy. Hopefully, in his case it means he inflicts death when he doesn't want to, rather than being a prophecy of his quick decease (I always thought about "rebirth" and "destruction" as something akin to "creation" and "anti-creation").

3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

So I am Argus Panopticon. (Time to use a search engine and see what I have been named...)
    Kazeto is "Flingy" :)
    Lorellian is Chinny.
    Fax is the Singer.
    TheJadedMiew is the Senator.
    And finally, Daynab is the Sage.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/tag/argus/
    And suddenly I understand. Wow. That is a lot of imagery.

Kazeto likes this.
  4. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

You can always change it if you don't like it.

Oh you, you. :D

OmniNegro likes this.
  5. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Incidentally, I was originally thinking of the Argus from Greek myth, who was a giant with one hundred eyes. I discover his actual names was Argus Panoptes, not panopticon. Apparently that's something else. Drones might have been in the back of my mind, moving my fingers for me....

OmniNegro and Kazeto like this.
  6. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I don't know, I though that you simply took "Panopticon" from somewhere else. Because the first thing I thought of when you posted that was a certain boss in Immortal Defence.

And with what "Panopticon" means, I think it is a matching name.

OmniNegro likes this.
  7. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Just a quick heads-up, it's shopping day for me, which means I probably won't start the first in-game post in the subforum until tomorrow. :)

8. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

No worries. We will be here whenever you are ready for it. :)

9. Loswaith

Loswaith Member

I can see that working though if you look at the dodging not always being intentional. As in at the right time the character stumbles, slips or some other act that inadvertantly causes the character to move out of the way.

An interesting group of characters though, will be good to see what shenanigins they get up too.

10. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

We has RP soon plzkthnx?

mining likes this.
  11. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Well, I bothered Essence about that on IRC so we should get the relevant thread soon. If not, we'll just bother him until we do.

12. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

And so it begun...

Also:

I just knew I messed up.

13. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

14. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Not to spam in the roleplay thread with out-of-character comments...

OmniNegro, you don't need to mark your actions as "My PC" - you can just refer to your character as yourself and we will know. Or alternatively, you can write in third person and use his name "Argus" (as many people tend to do).

15. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Alright. I will do that.

16. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I just want to say, Essence, that my character is named "Oleandre", and not "Oleander".

17. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

AKA Flingy. Also well known as the blind guy, until you get some distance away, then it is unsafe to insult him as he is clearly good at lip reading since at his optimal viewing distance he cannot possibly hear you.

Kazeto likes this.
  18. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Hmm, I seem to be abusing my throwables quite a bit...

Can you guys, please, be a little less suicidal? I'll run out of softball before we get anywhere at that rate. :D

19. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

We can presume you picked up those you dropped after you are done with them, except when we need them where they are. And besides, you buried a lich in throwables and never ran out. I think you need not worry so long as you are not too terribly cheesy.

Kazeto likes this.
  20. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I know, OmniNegro. It's more of a reminder to myself to try not to abuse it even if the other characters appear to be suicidal.

But oh, well...

Still, thanks.

OmniNegro likes this.