You Have To Put The Feedback for the DLC In The Beta Thread

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delta534

delta534 Member

Will there be anyway to use the dump files to figure why a mod wants to close the game and send it straight to desktop.

2. Aegho

Aegho Member

I'd just like to report that while gas cannister projectiles no longer hang the game if they hit a monster, they do hang the game if you aim at and hit a piece of furniture(I aimed it at a table in the center of a smithy full of monsters).

3. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

This should probably just be made into a purely aesthetic spell mine rather than a monster. Not sure it'd be great to change this the day before launch though; ach.

4. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

The reason it's a monster is because there's no other things to attach delayed triggers and dots to. You could force Nicholas to program a way to do it, like a tag in the trigger/dot effects (delaytriggerontile or something like that) that would force it to tie to the tile itself instead of a monster.

5. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Yeah, I'm seeing that again now. Oh, hell.

6. Aegho

Aegho Member

There are alternative ways to do stuff like this, off the top of my head, check out Electronic Arts from the sniper&mechanic mod, mechanic skill. You could have an amount="X" chain of shorter term mines.

7. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Oh god I'm fixing it

ffffff

8. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

[​IMG]
    Pictured: Nicholas.

9. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I hope not, if it is him, it means no more updates ever! :D

10. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

I suspect this may be another variation of the bug where everything stops showing it's description= and name= text for a while. Various versions of this have been reported repeatedly in this thread, and a pattern is starting to emerge. Personally, I've seen it on customblockers, and on pedestals, but it's pretty sporadic. If you leave the floor or save the game and reload and then check back, does it maintain the problem or revert to normal?

I've even seen this bug show up a bit in 1.0.10 on my Mac now that I'm looking for it, so it's not specific to the DLC builds.

May be related to the thing where sometimes bars and vending machines are randomly immune to knockback, but that also might be unrelated...when I've encountered the text issue I've never had the knockback skills to check it.

11. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

No, diggle god shrines never show descriptive text on hover.

12. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Kazeto and SkyMuffin like this.
  13. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

If I don't forget, I'll check it out, and nuke it from orbit to test it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.