How old are Dredmor players?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by dbaumgart, May 18, 2012.

?

How old are you?

1. 13 or less (Oh god don't read the wandlore jokes.)

4 vote(s)
    2.5%
  2. 14 to 18

23 vote(s)
    14.4%
  3. 19 to 22

39 vote(s)
    24.4%
  4. 23 to 25

30 vote(s)
    18.8%
  5. 26 to 29

29 vote(s)
    18.1%
  6. 30 to 35

22 vote(s)
    13.8%
  7. 36 to 40

6 vote(s)
    3.8%
  8. 41 to 50

4 vote(s)
    2.5%
  9. 51+ (And clearly never outgrew wand-polishing jokes.)

3 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. Loswaith

Loswaith Member

For the older gamers about, like myself, take great pride in you are most likely part of the reason the games industry is what it is today. Without us comsuming it, it may never have happened.

Your welcome younger gamers :p

Having seen digital games grow from its roots is something future generations wont be able to experience first hand, it kinda makes me happy to have seen it and the progression of it all, and have that perspective of it as well.

2. Aegho

Aegho Member

Turned 32 not that long ago. Still a kid, just one that has greying hair/beard, a job, pay taxes, etc.

My first handheld was a game&watch when I was 5, my first console was a SNES when I was 12(but I'd been playing on a friend's NES since I was 8). my first computer was an Amiga 600 when I was 13(which I had saved up for myself), and so on.

3. Borodin

Borodin Member

60 years old. Bah, you kids have it easy! Why, when I was a child, we had to play Dungeons of Dredmor on abacuses! :mad:

Cullen, banjo2E, TheJadedMieu and 5 others like this.
  4. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

And here I though you were playing Monopoly with abacuses. Man, I must be ancient.

5. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

*Snaps to a salute*

22 and a half.

6. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

26 here. right in the middle of the bell

7. Borodin

Borodin Member

Why would we play Monopoly with abacuses? You youngin's! We didn't have streets, we didn't have railroads, and we didn't have jails! We played Hut-opoly. You took a card, and went to your hut. You moved a pebble around through the huts. You tried to buy other huts, but since we didn't have any money, we couldn't, so we just stopped and stared at the huts. Sometimes, when the sun was setting over one, we'd say, "Nice hut." Ah, the good old times. Life was tough, but exciting.

Cullen, OmniNegro, banjo2E and 6 others like this.
  8. Godwin

Godwin Member

Let's get a few hundred more votes in and then we can talk demographics of the subsection of players that read these particular forums in the last few weeks and like these particular polls ^^

Null likes this.
  9. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I was 32 years old yesterday morning. :)

10. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

21 in very slightly more than 2 months.

11. Warlock

Warlock Member

22 years old here.

12. Carlz0r

Carlz0r Member

I'm currently in the 23-25 group, but I'll be 26 in a few months.

13. Frelus

Frelus Member

16 here

14. Createx

Createx Member

19 here. Been like that forever...

15. I want no private answers. 21 here.

16. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

52 here and not getting any older. Yep, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

17. Cain Redfield

Cain Redfield Member

18, so I guess that makes me one of the younger players then.

18. Shaz

Shaz Member

Wow. Um, hi. New poster here, and I really thought my age group (36-40) would have a larger representation. Not that it bothers me or anything, it's just kinda surprising. I figured it'd skew up to the higher end than the lower.

Has there been a similar poll on gender representation? I'm the only female I personally know who's interested in this type of game, even though I am and always have been rather poor at it. (I haven't even gotten to Dredmor yet, and have been playing off and on for nearly a year, but I don't care, I still have fun!)

One great thing about the internet and gaming- age is seldom a barrier. :)

Marak and OmniNegro like this.
  19. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

making that thread right now!