You Have To Put The Feedback for the DLC In The Beta Thread

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

When enemies walk into damage over time pools like acid or fire, they take damage twice-- once when entering, then once again when leaving (before they move during their second turn). This does not happen to the player, only to monsters. Was wondering if this was a bug or intended-- I've never noticed it until RC7 or 8, so I figured it must be recent change.

(I also asked on IRC but I didnt get a clear answer)

2. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

It's always bothered me that if you pull a teleport switch, the monsters get a chance to hit you before you actually teleport. Sounds to me like the order of events is wonky - player actions should be First, monster actions should be second, and damage should be third.

3. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Okay. As for RC10, I'm not hearing about anything that's a showstopper. Last call, then I'm chucking it to Valve.

SkyMuffin likes this.
  4. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Good call, I think. Good luck with the release.

5. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

The one single thing that I think is potentially gamebreaking is the dreaded blink curse trap bug. Even getting that cast on you once can murder you late game.

Otherwise it is great. Very stable and only tiny things left. :)

6. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

That was in .10 as well. It would probably have been better not to introduce the bugged traps last release since the problem was known then. If it is removed now, it would break saves.

7. Glazed

Glazed Member

This one is a showstopper, in my opinion:

This is when a monster steps on the trap, you get the curse. It's horrible! You open a monster zoo, one of them steps on the trap that just spawned in there, and next thing you know you've blinked into the middle of the zoo where you die. Bugs that can cause death no matter how carefully you play are showstoppers.

Isn't there another trap that behaves in the same bad way? The one that puts flame runes under your feet?

r_b_bergstrom likes this.
  8. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Tentacular Infestation does it too. Not sure if that fire one does (can't remember the name)...

Also, the Blink Curse issue doesn't even have to be in a monster zoo. Late game, the monsters hit so hard that just getting wedged between two or three of them can kill you (especially if you're playing a spellcaster or gish type hero).

9. Nicholas

Agreed. We're working on it now.

OmniNegro and Glazed like this.
  10. Nicholas

And fixed. Give me a sec to primp up a new RC....

mining and OmniNegro like this.
  11. Nicholas

http://patches.gaslampgames.com/dredmor/dredmor_exp2_test_rc11.zip

This is a *STEAM EXECUTABLE* which means it will not work without Steam. I'm putting this up because everybody else is having a dreadful time getting the Workshop up and running without, you know, a Steam EXE.

People are also welcome to make sure they can get the achievements. :)

Fixed in this build:

- blink curse traps
    - publisher stuff is enabled
    - expansion 2 crashing w/o RotDG installed

Not addressed yet:

- saving the expansion pack name between builds

OmniNegro likes this.
  12. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Thanks Nicholas. All though I cannot use this since I do not use Steam, I am thanking you because you told us in advance.

I can wait. I would however welcome details on the fixes like if they work and if they do not. I sure hope the blink trap fix works. Since that was fixed, was any other incorrect target trap effect changed, or was it just this one for now?

And since others care for such things, please let us know if achievements are working and if any are not, please report them.

13. Nicholas

... I think I left a Diggle wanking into a blink curse trap in rooms.xml by mistake in this. Hang on for RC12.

EDIT: *WALKING* into a blink curse trap. It's been a long day.

Turbo164, Aegho, mining and 12 others like this.
  14. delta534

delta534 Member

A bug has come up with the last skills button in the latest rc. It worked with rc 10 which makes me think it is a steam cloud issue. I can't test this because steam has decided to take away my ability to disable steam cloud support for DoD.:mad:

15. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Sure you meant walking... :)
    I believe you.

16. Nicholas

What's the bug?

17. delta534

delta534 Member

The last choice buttons always gives me Ley Walker, Promethean, Burglary, Archaeology, Staves, Blood Magic and Piracy no matter what my actual last skill selection was. This only occurs when I close out of Dod and go back it.

18. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

here's to hoping no one draws this.

...speaking of which...how on earth do diggles procreate i don't even

19. Glazed

Glazed Member

That is how they procreate. The blink curse scatters their love all over the dungeon.

I am totally drawing this tonight (in a tasteful way). It'll involve a horrified hero stumbling on a diggle.

20. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

don't let MOOMANiBE see this thread. They might pull another Thrusty.gif on us :eek:

Doc Gelegentlich likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.