Making Item Images: a palette and some templates (expanding)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by FaxCelestis, Mar 24, 2012.

1. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Two torches (thinking maybe they give conflag/crushing damage and some sight radius)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

And some dwarven throwing weapons: pickaxe, hammer, and shotput:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Kazeto likes this.
  2. Werediggler

Werediggler Member

If it's not too much trouble I would appreciate a teddy bear, a fruitcake, and a snowball sprite. I have an idea that will use them and I'm not exactly what you would call an artist. :p

3. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

I'd like a sex doll and a pocket octopus.

Nevermind.

shaken, OmniNegro, Loswaith and 3 others like this.
  4. FaxCelestis

Haven't gotten to these yet, sorry. But I do have some new potion vials!

Templates:
    Outside:
    [​IMG]
    Inside:
    [​IMG]

Uses:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    CLAIMED, btw

Kazeto likes this.
  5. FaxCelestis

Some new blockers and wall pieces.
    lava_vent_anim_test.gif
    reactor_anim_test.gif

alarm0000.png alarm0001.png alarm0002.png alarm0003.png (this animates, but it looks terrible outside of rgb colorspace)

pokyhoky12, Vitellozzo and Kazeto like this.
  6. FaxCelestis

Another few. If people want some of these animated blockers, I can give individual frames.
    pouring_water_anim_test.gif pouring_goo_anim_test.gif frozen_pouring_water.png

Kazeto likes this.
  7. TSED

TSED Member

Hey Fax, would it be possible to request goalie shin pads? Someone pointed out that the toque for Kanadian Goalie makes you immune to the wights on the first level and some other feedback has made me conclude that the reason I included the toque can be changed and wholly improve the mod.

And now I'm rambling. Anyway: possible? It's cool if you're too busy.

8. FaxCelestis

I've started streaming my art when I make it. You can watch the first two "episodes" here. I don't have a mic, so it's just whatever I'm listening to as I make them for audio.

Aug 1: [​IMG]
    Aug 2: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/24422352 [​IMG] [​IMG]

DragonDai, Kazeto and lccorp2 like this.
  9. Createx

Createx Member

I hate my country, blocked because of the music. I really should get a VPN.

10. FaxCelestis

Try the UStream?

11. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

Just a suggestion, sorry if I sound a little demanding - I'm a bit tired ATM.

I think Mr. Triolo said the game could do with some more pants, so if you have the time, maybe a couple more pants templates would be appreciated by everyone.

12. Jellp

Jellp Member

Great images! If your bored, could you maybe make a Rocket launcher with a nyan cat head sticking out of it? My subscriber want a Rocket Propelled Nyan Cat. I planned to make the artwork today but I'm very tired. I would appreciate it alot.

13. BigStuuu

BigStuuu Member

If you don't mind me asking, what software do you use to create the sprites? I would quite like to try my hand

14. FaxCelestis

I use GIMP to draw, color, and texture. I reindex and do palette shifting in mtPaint

15. Aegho

Aegho Member

I use http://pixlr.com/editor/ for everything. Thanks Essence. (He suggested it to me). It also means you don't have to bother with indexing because the .png files made in it are compatible with the game by default. The only gripe I have with it(and it's very minor) is that there's an 800% zoom maximum, and sometimes for fiddly stuff I'd prefer to be able to set it ever so slightly higher(1000-1200% would be nice).

16. FaxCelestis

That link goes to an empty page.

Aegho likes this.
  17. Aegho

Aegho Member

Ooops, it was .com, bad memory. :p
    Link fixed.

18. nealpd

nealpd Member

A drill. That is on fire. Covered in acid

19. MythArcana

MythArcana Member

I highly recommend grafx2. It's open source, offers Deluxe Paint as its' inspiration, and is so cute I can't stop playing with it. I just have one question; does DoD have a global palette for all sprites? I had assumed not when I made 16 items over the past day. They look great as is, but not if there is a global palette that I ignored. Also, how are you spawning items to test them?

Anyway, enjoy the free awesomeness.

http://code.google.com/p/grafx2/

20. FaxCelestis

There is not. Sprites use individual indices.

Kazeto likes this.