How old are Dredmor players?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by dbaumgart, May 18, 2012.

?

How old are you?

1. 13 or less (Oh god don't read the wandlore jokes.)

4 vote(s)
    2.5%
  2. 14 to 18

23 vote(s)
    14.4%
  3. 19 to 22

39 vote(s)
    24.4%
  4. 23 to 25

30 vote(s)
    18.8%
  5. 26 to 29

29 vote(s)
    18.1%
  6. 30 to 35

22 vote(s)
    13.8%
  7. 36 to 40

6 vote(s)
    3.8%
  8. 41 to 50

4 vote(s)
    2.5%
  9. 51+ (And clearly never outgrew wand-polishing jokes.)

3 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Happy birthday in advance sir

2. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

PS: I got a new lol today when I looked up what "rhabdomantic" meant.

Essence likes this.
  3. jadkni

jadkni Member

Younglings are the relative age group whose music sounds like crap, of course. :p

4. mining

mining Member

Please, which younglings you talking about? Heh.

Anyway, 18 this year myself.

5. TheJadedMieu

TheJadedMieu Member

Turning 16 in August, here.

6. jadkni

jadkni Member

T'was a joke, I was implying that "youngling" is a relative term.
    I hate my own generation's music, can I call all of them younglings?

7. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

You just don't get it!

8. Now that emo has passed us by, there's really not any new music they can come out with that I'll hate more. I actually don't mind dubstep, especially in comparison.

Essence likes this.
  9. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Sorry in advance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crunkcore

Edit: crap, I'm continuing a derail

SkyMuffin, Marak and mining like this.
  10. jadkni

jadkni Member

Exactly what I was thinking of.
    -
    Sorry for the derail, I'll stop now. :p

11. Unicycles

Unicycles Member

22 here, can't say those poll results surprised me. It's nice to actually see them though!

Make it stop, MAKE IT STOP! :eek:

12. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Daynab.......thanks. That was the best new music I've heard since Bubba Sparxxx was spinning tracks. Totally badass.

(Didn't I just get done saying the Internet needs a sarcasm font?)

13. Well according to the poll I'm the only 51+ player on it. I make no worries about my age. I just like to think that I'm 18 with 33 years of experience. Although a goodly part of me (inside) is still 12 years old. For those who don't bother with the math I'm 51. (chuckle)

14. Shwqa

Shwqa Member

There is a good bell curve going on here.

15. Epyx

Epyx Member

Turned 40 this year. Funny thing age...I remember playing Ultima 3/Might and Magic/Bard's Tale and Phantasie like it was just a few years ago...still a gamer. Unlike many of my parent's generation I think my generation (X) is the first generation to not have an issue with openly professing our hobbies. Many of our parent's played wargames in dark basements like a secret society. Now I openly say "Im a gamer...you know video games"...Of course some still judge but screw em...the mouse/keyboard/controller will stay in my hands till they bury me. :)

I have seen a lot of change but always there is the game...may it always be so :)

Loswaith, Marak and Deson Bowenford like this.
  16. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

crabcore?

the best part is around 2:45 when it transitions into emo synthpop

17. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

For Pete's sake, am I ever relieved to know there could potentially be multiple people older than myself here. Some days I read these new-fangled "thread" thingamajingies by those young whipper-snappers and feel positively dusty. Now I know there's two to five older and fartier than myself. Ain't felt this youthful since that time I lit those lanterns for that silver-smith out of Boston. Tarnation, that might not be entirely a truth, if'n I reckon correctly. I did celebrate a might heartily the night The Noble Experiment was repudiated, comes to think of it.

'course, I could be imagining this whole thread. They say the mind is the first thing to... what was I talkin' abouts?

18. jhffmn

jhffmn Member

Man, I feel old now. 30 years old here. Somehow I managed to become a tax paying married adult after diddling about in school for a bit.

FaxCelestis likes this.
  19. NaiDriftlin

NaiDriftlin Member

26 here.

I'm of the belief that you never really become an adult. You just become a wiser, taller, hairy-er(or, in my case, less hairy), and just a bit jaded child.

Adults are a myth. A fairy tale told to young children by older children to get them to behave.

Aegho, Loswaith, jadkni and 2 others like this.
  20. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Yeah, there's some truth in that.

And it makes me a little sad that after a long while of thinking I couldn't remember any time I perceived myself as a child in the last "many" years.
    Oh well, long life the cynicism and weariness.