Free DLC - You Have To Name The Expansion Pack - Announced

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Daynab, Apr 30, 2012.

1. jhffmn

jhffmn Member

I just got the urge to do another play through, and now you release more stuff?

I'm going to spend $60 on diablo 3 in a couple of weeks and then end up never finishing the game and playing this for 100 hours instead.

Essence likes this.
  2. Marak

Marak Member

I think I'm going to name mine "Project Odin", despite the protests of Nicholas and company. ;)

Kaidelong, Kazeto, SkyMuffin and 3 others like this.
  3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

ROFLMFAO! Nicely done! :) :)

4. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Just in case no one noticed, David rolled in almost the entirety of the Essential Core Skills Rebalance and the Essential Expansion Skills Rebalance into the new DLC. So even if you don't care about the new content, getting bennies like Perception giving item drops on kill and weapon skills giving +Melee Power on levels 4, 5, and 6 is totally a phat-and-all-that reason to get the new DLC. :)

Marak, dbaumgart, Kazeto and 4 others like this.
  5. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Which means...

LEVEL SIX CRAFTING WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

6. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Actually, I have a question about it.

Will the DLC/Expansion fit nicely into existing saves, or will I have to start over?

7. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Normally, one would assume that starting a new save is the sensible thing to do.

8. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Yeah, it's entirely likely that's what I'll do. Obviously we don't know when the pack will be out, but it was more a case of "do I wait for the pack or do I continue with this character until then?"

9. madcow

madcow Member

After thinking about it longer, I've decided I might have to name my expansion pack.

Dungeons of Dredmor: Digglestyle.

Also, I better go over to the mod section and actually read up on what might be included. Beyond the mentioned new skills, there's a complete skill rebalancing, new traps, and new enemies?

Edit: Or "Diggling It".

10. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

11. ... well, I wasn't -before- this post.

12. Wootah

Wootah Member

This is so awesome. Glad to hear it. Having things like monster toss and zombification being useful is great.

So I have heard in the post that the blacksmithing(and other crafting levels) are higher with this new expansion... but is that through additional levels on the skills or by some other means?

13. Essence

Clockwork Knight and Rogue Scientist grant crafting levels above and beyond the basic crafting skills, and there are other, more mysterious ways to gain crafting levels temporarily as well. :)

Kazeto likes this.
  14. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Do you mean the hidden crafting skill-boosting rooms and equipable/usable items, Essence?

15. Essence

Shh! They're mysterious! (yes)

TheJadedMieu, Marak and Kazeto like this.
  16. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Ye gots ta wiggle yer fingers when ye says it!

17. Shadowplay

Shadowplay Member

So any release date on this or is it just "very soon" ? :)

18. Karock

Karock Member

It's in testing right now. So... once it has had at least a week of testing with no significant problems most likely?

19. Jeffwik

Jeffwik Member

Is a week of testing with a stable release candidate the usual procedure? I'm running w/ Steam on a Mac, which is to say I'm unable to try the test files (unless I'm wrong and just don't know how), so I was hopeful the release was a likely-this-weekend kind of thing. I'm all in favor of getting it right before pulling that lever, though. If it'll be at least another week I'm liable to swap over to Windows and try again to get the test version to run. I tried the first version of the beta and it claimed to need some DLL files I had to seek out and download from sketchy DLL library sites, and then once I had those it just crashed immediately upon startup anyway.

20. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I believe it was Nick that said he needed to get out a mac version of the test so that RB could test it himself. RB added many of the new rooms from his interior dredmorating mod. So with luck a mac version will be up soon. He only mentioned it last night so it may be a few days. :)

If you don't have the expansion RotDG, you will need to remove the folder expansion, no expansion 2 when you put in the beta. Otherwise it crashes DoD. :)