A Debacle of Diggles

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by FaxCelestis, Apr 17, 2012.

1. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Dear Adventurers,

Attached you will find a number of extraordinary specimens of Animalia Chordata Aves Neornithes Neognathae Neoaves Piciforme Pici Poingus Poingus -- better known to the lay adventurer as "the diggle". Some of these noble, flightless, digging birds have developed strange techniques and abilities. For example, Poingus Imonfireicus has developed a startling resistance to fires and makes its residence in a volcano. Similarly, Poingus Saiyanus has the ability to throw mystical energy (perhaps what those in the East would call qi?) with its fists wings fins arm-like nub appendages and takes up residence in martial arts studios. Perhaps most terrifying is Poingus Poinguspoingus, a creature that divides into larval specimens of Poingus Poingusspawnicus upon its death, whether that death be naturally caused or not. I have not determined if this form of asexual reproduction is indicative of a broader means of reproduction for the entire Poingus family, or if it is blessedly restricted to merely Poingus Poinguspoingus.

I shall continue my delving and return information about similar specimens of Poingus Poingus as I come across them.

Sincerely Yours,
    Fax Celestis XVI​
    Bearer of Maslech, the Eater of Beatings​

P.S. I have been sponsored by some rather foppish diggles I have coined Poingus Richbitchius. They are rather charming chaps who enjoy a spot of tea, but have a tendency to rob one blind when not looking. I shall endeavour to make this business venture worth its while.

Attached Files:

Hybelkanin, Zook, Lorrelian and 4 others like this.
  2. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

downloading and playing today :eek:

3. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

I find this relevant to my interests. :)
    I will give it a check out later.

I do hope maybe you can add my diggle ideas I had on that thread. :)
    I'll try to come up with more too.
    Mine were the Nietzsche Diggle, "Behold the Superman,er Diggle." and the Krong diggle.
    It attacks by corrupting your equipment and it plays the sound effect when Krong is displeased. :)

Oh, eventually I will work on that mod that changes the text in this game to be more funnier. That will go well with this mod. :)

4. FaxCelestis

I'm not done, so I'll be adding more as I go.

5. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Okay then. Once I get back into playing Dredmor a lot more, I'll come up with more ideas for Diggles.

6. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

But I don't like black pudding. It's really salty and kind of gross...

Mm, I wonder if the sanguiblobby was made at all with black puddings in mind.

7. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

More mods should add monsters to the game. Just sayin'.

8. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I love new content. I presume when you are happy with how it works, it will be added to FAXPAX?

Thank you for taking the time to make this. :)

9. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

I noticed one thing not on this list, unless I'm blind.
    Sometimes diggles on the first floor, normal diggles, nothing special will suddenly become friendly towards me, for a few turns.
    This is nice, but really weird.
    I'm not sure why it happens.

Also, Diggle Chefs did make me freak out for a moment when I saw them. I was like, "Why are there Arch-Diggles on floor 2?"

10. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Did this one get added? That would explain your situation with the friendlies.

Here is where that quote came from:
    http://community.gaslampgames.com/threads/lets-make-new-diggles-together.3016/#post-30813

11. FaxCelestis

Yeah. They're Diggle Traitors. If you look closely, they're very (very) slightly brighter. They're functionally identical to regular diggles, except they have a 15% chance to cast Turncoat.

OmniNegro likes this.
  12. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Oh. Okay. I didn't notice any difference in color at all. So, I couldn't figure out why they did that.

13. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Giggidy Diggles. (Spelling?) One day, a thrusty did awful things to a Diggle. This abomination is the result.
    :dmg_piercing: damage, rare monster. Looks like a slightly taller motley Diggle.

AllurlewtsRbelongtome likes this.
  14. I would add to the flavor text - One day, a thrusty did awful things to a Diggle. This abomination is the result. Do it a favor and put it out of its misery.
    Also, it is only fitting that it gives you a diggle plague debuff. You know, THAT kind of plague. (wink wink nudge nudge). Edit: In fact, it would be even crazier if it gave you a debuff than you can then PASS ON TO OTHER MONSTERS. MWAHAHAHAHA.

OmniNegro likes this.
  15. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Someone else a while back was making an infecter class mod of some sort. The name eludes me at the moment, but it would be nice to see more debuffs that are truly double edged. :)

16. ^Ummm? Interesting, will look into it.

As for the The flavor text for that diggle debuff, it should read something like "For reasons better left unexplained, you have contracted a highly special strain of very contagious diggle plague.". After you attack a monster with it on, that monster should be afflicted with an equally "contagious" debuff, but with different flavor text. The next time it comes back to you, the text should now read "This evolving infection caused of the extinction of the digglesaurs that once dominated the land". And the third time "The closest translation for the disease from diggle language is "the gift that keeps on giving"". And finally, the fourth time "If you are reading this, then you probably do not have much longer to live. May krong have mercy upon your soul."
    The debuff should deal a modest putrefying DoT effect to begin with, the "evolved" versions of it should quickly ramp up the damage to make even the hardiest adventurer flee from these STD vectors the moment they see them.

17. Balhichou

Balhichou Member

Yeah ! New diggles !

Is RotDG required ?

18. FaxCelestis

Not for this one, no.

19. Balhichou

Balhichou Member

Great ! I'll give it a try as soon as possible then. Thanks a lot !

20. Argol228

Argol228 Member

I will certainly try this out, though I have an idea for you if it is possible. Wild werediggles that can infect you with the curse though in a limited capacity. it will not be an at-will thing and last a certain number of turns.

Then again for all I know that might actually already be in the game. I have not gotten too far down >.>