What colour is a diggle?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by dbaumgart, Apr 11, 2012.

?

What colour is a diggle?

1. Yellow

14 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. Mustard

34 vote(s)
    46.6%
  3. Light Greenish Yellow

13 vote(s)
    17.8%
  4. Red

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Purple

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  6. Orange

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  7. Beige

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  8. Tan

4 vote(s)
    5.5%
  9. Mauve

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  10. Taupe

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. Wootah

Wootah Member

Very obviously they are trying to hit the largest market segment for the plushies, which is fine by me. I think in the previous casual poll I said that I wouldn't be that interested, but a mustard diggle with a smooth head sounds so cute right now.

Marak likes this.
  2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I may buy a plushie as a target for some target practice. (I live in Texas, backyard practice shooting is well tolerated.)

3. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Mustard or yellow. More dijon than French's.

4. Balhichou

Balhichou Member

But isn't Dijon in France ? :sagacity:

5. klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk Member

It really sounds cute. But it depends on how cute will sound the shipping price here to the Middle of Nowhere. :)

6. Fayd

Fayd Member

No tuft, but the tail. I'd think that they vaguely look like penguins with a drill-face.

7. Wootah

Wootah Member

um not quite. The standard diggle would be much fatter in the bottom.

8. MrAltamente

MrAltamente Member

Diggles = Light Greenish Yellow (imo..)

About the Bonus questions:

Bonus question: Do diggles have a tail?
    Answer: Yes, definitely, how could they balance their body with that huge beak on their front? by having a tail on the back :trollface:

Bonus question #2: Do diggles have a tuft on top of their head or is it round?
    Anwer: 100% round... almost like a bowling ball.

Can i haz cookies now? lol

SkyMuffin likes this.
  9. Glazed

Glazed Member

I think we all can agree that this is what a Diggle looks like:

Diggle.jpg

10. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

The stiletto flippers are a nice touch.

11. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

I'm not convinced about a tail, mainly because I can't see one in the sprites (which is sort of my definitive "Oh, hey, this is what a Diggle looks like thing.") In fact, the actual shape of the Diggle in the sprites is basically a jellybean on legs with a drill and a couple of silly looking appendages.

12. Grim Peeper

Grim Peeper Member

Maybe...and I think I might blow my own mind on this...maybe diggles have a retractable tail, one that corkscrews the opposite direction of their proboscis drill.

13. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Tail -- stubby, like a half-length flipper.

No tuft.

14. Wootah

Wootah Member

So I have thought about this thread all day.
    If you were to start over, Creating a thread called: Sketch a Diggle from Memory in Paint and watch for the details and colors people would add in.

I went back and yeah, drew a bunch of diggles. Definitely no tuft, nice round head. And Essence nails it by saying that the tail should be half the length of a flipper.

After you mention the jelly bean shape, i went and looked back at the game. The foot in the back kind of gives the impression of a tail that counter balances two feet that are pointed forward (and the food on the far side, you don't see).

15. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

Did a google search for "Taupe" and found this.
    [​IMG]
    Taupe gets my vote.
    Honestly... I don't think that diggles should be confined to any color. What makes the diggle iconic is its bare appearance. You never see a diggle wearing clothes.

I'd like to see diggles with gas masks, german picklehaubes, and firefighter helmets.

red army officer uniforms

labcoats

military fatigues and combat boots.

OmniNegro likes this.
  16. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Mustard. (Though I must admit, I prefer the orange-y color that they sometimes show up at in artwork, and wouldn't be upset if the main game sprites turned that color. That preference aside, when I think "diggle" the first image to come to mind is mustard-colored.)
    Small tail.
    Round head.

Or pink and with a long tail that has a scorpion stinger on the end. ;) I'll never forget that.

17. HowlingLotus

HowlingLotus Member

Serious Same Piracy joke :p. Wasn't that picture from when people were having a Mustache League trouble or something :confused:.

18. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

can we have rainbow Pride Diggles? and existential crisis monochrome diggles?

19. HowlingLotus

HowlingLotus Member

While we're at it why not add Gentlemen Diggles. Like A Sir:
    [​IMG]

SkyMuffin likes this.
  20. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

In time, we will have all manner of nonsensical monsters added. Diggles are, and will continue to be a common theme with many variations. They are a catch-all for new ideas and permutations.

I want new Diggles with random stats within a range. I want some to have heavy melee stats and some to have massive caster stats. I want a variety, but I do not always want to know at a glance what the particular Diggle is and what it will resist.

I want many many more monsters added. I want most of them to be Diggles. This can be done via mods, and will likely be added eventually to the base game as it would be nice to have.

But I suppose this is off topic here since this thread is about the plushies. Still I know of no better place to say all that.

SkyMuffin likes this.