Windows XP Overwritten save

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by GreyZ0mbie, Apr 5, 2012.

1. GreyZ0mbie

GreyZ0mbie Member

After the patch, I launched the game from another computer, where there was no saves. When I launched DoD on the computer, where were my old saves (I almost complete the game for the first time!) - they re-recorded (sync with steam's server) and deleted. Tell me, can i return my lost saves? :/ My best walkthrough. T_T

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Wi§p and GreyZ0mbie like this.
  3. GreyZ0mbie

GreyZ0mbie Member

Oh... Dont see. Thank you very much.

4. SelvaPeluda

SelvaPeluda Member

So, for now there is no solution? I went to the save folder, and I can see my characters right there. When I get in to the game, there is no loadable characters. I noticed that the file named "loadsave" could be opened on default with notepad. When I entered, there was a 0 in there. Is this suppose to be normal? Hope this helps to fix this problem. I wanna play my double clockwork chain axe character :(

5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

You should be able to play your character if you edit loadsave.dat like this.
    Code:
    charactername.sav

With nothing else. That said, if you do that, run the game without Steam because I've heard steam liked to overwrite that.

6. SelvaPeluda

SelvaPeluda Member

Thank you very much! This helped me a lot. I was able to load my game perfectly fine. Thank you so much for the help :3