[Crafting] More Grilled Cheese

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by lockeslylcrit, Mar 2, 2012.

1. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

One thing I've always been confused about is why an entire loaf of bread only makes one sandwich. Where do all of the other slices go? Is it just a very large, squished sandwich? o_o

It would be nifty if there were a way to convert bread into individual slices, and then alter the recipes accordingly.

2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Is it possible for a mod to adjust the item availability in NTTG without being game breaking overpowered in the normal mode?

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I don't think so, given that NTTG is hardcoded.

4. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I suppose a mod could be made that would be specific for those playing NTTG. It would make the normal game a somewhat literal cakewalk, but it could be done.

The easiest way would be to take all the findable food items that are good and make duplicates under similar names. "Dire Sandwich" could be duplicated to "Dire NTTG Sandwich" and so on.

5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, that or make food item spawn in all the rooms.

6. I think the simpler solution is just to double all the food spawn values in tweakDB.xml before playing a NTTG game.

Essence likes this.
  7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Even easier would be to double the well fed effect from all the food items. That way you need not change anything else. But that would be changing base game files. Easy enough to do, but a pain for newbies. (As most of you know, there are plenty of people that do not even know how to enable the file extensions to show in Windows. They are helpless until they learn more.)

8. OT and probably not helpful, but... I'm good at it.

With all this extra cheese, shouldn't there be some constipations jokes in one of the descriptions somewhere?

9. lockeslylcrit

lockeslylcrit Member

Haha, oh wow. I haven't updated my mods in ages. I've been too sucked away by a crappy time-sink of a game called "College". I hear it's got a good ending, though.

Anyway, updated the mod to 1.1 to reflect the new vanilla change to Cheesy Omelette. Future plans include more cheese varieties (including a Vegan-friendly cheese).

FaxCelestis, OmniNegro and Essence like this.
  10. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Completely off topic, but I and I am certain others are very curious. What is your major? (That easily determines if it has a good ending or a bad one. (Arts majors may as well have earned tenure at Mccrapples.)

11. lockeslylcrit

lockeslylcrit Member

Anthropology with a minor (and received a certification) in Geographical Information Systems. I have a choice of going either all the way to a Doctorate to be a professor, or get a nice government job with my GIS skills. The New Game+ options are quite good for me.

12. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Go you! Earn a Doctorate! The world needs more learned scholars. :)

lockeslylcrit likes this.
  13. lockeslylcrit

lockeslylcrit Member

Updated to 1.2 with a few new items.