OS X Lion A cheesy situation.

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Delkyn, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Delkyn

Delkyn Member

Hello there.
    Started up a new game as soon as the Steam update went through. Went about my normal business until I saw this:

Torso cheese.png It started off stat-less, I used it on an anvil just for giggles.

Have to admit, part of me hopes this is not a bug and we may see more cheesy apparel in the future.

Foxhack, banjo2E and Daynab like this.
  2. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

what on earth

Doc Gelegentlich likes this.
  3. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

I... don't even.

Can... you send me that save game? Maybe? I don't know.... I'm so confused!

Exile likes this.
  4. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

The idea of artifact cheese has some bizarre potential.

"CONSUME THINE CHEESE", spake the Lord unto his people, "FOR IT SHALL FORTIFY YE AGAINST THE FORCES OF DARKNESS." And thus did they consume their cheese, and thusly did they receive the blessing of their Lord: +3 :dmg_righteous: , +5:resist_existential: .

5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Incredible.

Doc Gelegentlich likes this.
  6. Delkyn

Delkyn Member

I would love to send you the save game, but it appears the Cheeseplate has just been eaten by the Elven Ingot Grinder. Many apologies, I should of used more caution.

I shall keep a close eye for more exciting cheese though.

7. Grim Peeper

Grim Peeper Member

Why can't I like this harder? I want to create sockpuppet accounts just to add more likes to this.

And we really need a third button, "Not sure if want." For when someone says something very important that people need to be aware of, but it's something that breaks your game or kicks your puppy or just makes you want to cry in the corner. I've seen about seven posts of that nature in the last day or so.

Also, is Delkyn the first person who ever tried to put food on an anvil? Why didn't this occur to anybody else?

WHY HAVE I NOT BEEN CREATING UBERFISKS FOR THE LUTEFISK GOD.

8. klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk Member

That is indeed really cheesy.

But I really like FaxCelestis' idea.

9. Grim Peeper

Grim Peeper Member

I started a new game (Win7/64bit) and, try as I might, could not get any food to Krong. Not even 'fisk. I even tried it with an Aged Cheese, which is what Delkyn appears to have used. But I notice that Delkyn's cheese is cursed. "It is made of shame and disgrace" indeed.

It also seems weird that you get this edit:

[​IMG]

...and yet you get to keep your food. I WANT THIS TO DESTROY THE CHEESE. Or at least grate it. Ooh, running around a Krong altar room picking up cheese bits sounds like fun. And unsanitary.

So, unable to replicate in Win7, may just be an OSX thing.

Edit: Also, I would pay actual money for Dredmorian stationery.

10. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

For the record, it looks like Delkyn actually found a piece of cheese that was labeled, "Armor (Torso)" before it was Kronged, then Kronged it. I'd be very surprised if you could Krong normal food. The bug appears to be that the cheese was, in fact, Armor. Of course, if it was a Helmet, it would obviously be a joke at the expense of certain Wisconsin based sports franchises, but their fans aren't the Cheese Torsos, now are they?

11. Delkyn

Delkyn Member

Sorry, I should of specified more; Lorrelian got it right. It was already armor before, I just wanted to see if it would work with Krong.

12. Grim Peeper

Grim Peeper Member

Well, to be fair, their torsos do tend to reflect their love of cheese...

I'll be sure to report if I happen upon any cheese armor in my explorations.

13. I found an axe of cheese I didnt krong it though.. I sold it at the shop.

14. Foxhack

Foxhack Member

Isn't there a cheese helmet in the game already? Or maybe I'm dreaming items up.