Dredmor Patch 1.0.10 RC9 Feedback Thread - I Believe in The Lever Fix

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Feb 27, 2012.

1. badboy80

badboy80 Member

Tried that, and it still doesn't work. I'll try restart again.

2. zefria

zefria Member

Downloaded for me also :D

but I have to go to work now :/

3. badboy80

badboy80 Member

It's weird, Steam doesn't say anything about an update on its store page. Could I maybe steal the files from the Humble Bundle page, or does Steam have its own "special" files?

4. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Steam does, indeed, have its own special files. Merging the HIB build and the Steam build is... probably a bad idea.

5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Oh, yeah. I didn't think about THOSE files. My bad.

6. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

You could try to verify the files. Go to your library and right-click DoD, choose properties. Click the local files tab and click the verify integrity of game cache... button. This will check your version of DoD against the steam version and will clean up any files. If after this it still doesn't download the patch, try the suggestion up above one more time. If it still doesn't work, try deleting the game and then reinstalling it. Something should work, I hope. :)

7. Glazed

Glazed Member

If you still can't get Steam to load the game, try manually changing your download server to East Coast, USA, or whatever it is. The game files may not have been replicated to every download server yet. I'm on the East Coast and I got it, but there are probably other download servers you could try.

8. badboy80

badboy80 Member

Thanks, I think that solved it!

9. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

That's great! :) I'm on the east coast. I have never changed my server so it's whatever steam defaulted to for me.