Lord Dredmor 2.0

Discussion in 'Realm of the Diggle Gods' started by J-Factor, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Except, IIRC, Chest of Evil weapons always spawn with one of the "evil" damage types as their Big Bonus (Putrefying, Toxic, Necromantic, ?) -- all of which Dredmor has his big resistances against. :)

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

...Really? you just blew my mind.

3. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

I'm pretty sure I've seen aetherial, as well. I recall one Dwarven Express post that had two Lirpas with 22 Aetherial a piece - and of course, I had maxed out _sword_ skill. "There goes 5 skill levels I'll never use again." It was pretty memorable.

4. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

I've seen Aetherial, too. But otherwise, yeah, Evil Chest weapons usually have the damage types Essence mentioned. Even Aetherial weapons are rareish.

5. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

You sure that's not just the RNG messing with ya?

6. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

It could be. But I get them about one time in six, while ever other one seems to be toxic. Then again, they're rare enough that it's hard to get a good picture of what all the can be.

7. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

I've been a bit busy in real life, but I can state that I've gotten putrefying, necromantic, choking damage from a weapon, but I don't recall getting Aethreal. I probably have though.

8. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I play with loads of mods, so that may skew things a bit, but I *Always* find good weapons that I keep to swap out for Dredmor slaying. Be it :dmg_acidic:, :dmg_aethereal:, :dmg_piercing:, or :dmg_righteous:. I find them regularly.

I do not doubt your words, but I cannot believe I am so lucky that I throw away a Dredmor slayer backup weapon every other floor in favor of a better Dredmor slayer weapon, while everyone else cannot find one in ten or more floors.

:dmg_righteous: is best if possible. Second to that is :dmg_acidic:, followed closely by :dmg_aethereal:. And :dmg_piercing: is only there because I can find weapons that do upwards of thirty :dmg_piercing: every hit by the end of a RotDG run. (Every time too.)

You guys have pisspoor luck if you do not get at least one of these damage types with pretty good numbers by the end of a run.

Anyone know if mods effect drops and uberchest/evil chest quality? Or just the items that are included in the list of possibilities for them? (Like Clockwork Knights adding several clockwork weapons that usually have good piercing damage and fleshboring procs.) To the best of my knowledge, the mods only effect what can be dropped, not the quality or damage types and rarity thereof in any way.

Exile and Wi§p like this.
  9. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

I know one of my best weapons had 20 Righteous from a Uberchest. :) Nothing like a weapon that has that added to it's already 20 odd damage.

Also, speaking of Lord Dredmor and his being a bit superpowerful, at least he's not like this guy.... He's a bit powerful. At least Super Lord Dredmor hasn't ever slain the entire Justice League just by looking at them and saying, "DIE." :)
    [​IMG]

Essence likes this.
  10. Giygas

Giygas Member

I usually get either Aetheral, Righteous, Toxic, or Necromatic from evil chests.

This Dredmor would be a nightmare for me, though... I almost always play melee characters :confused: