RotDG on Desura. Where is it?

Discussion in 'Realm of the Diggle Gods' started by DerRidda, Jan 5, 2012.

1. DerRidda

DerRidda Member

Title says it all. Any estimates on when I will finally be able to fill your pockets with my money for RotDG by buying it on Desura?
    It involves you getting money and me getting something to play. A win-win situation if ever I've seen one.

2. DerRidda

DerRidda Member

Shameless bump!

This is still a very relevant question. What is possibly keeping you guys from at least pushing the same version that comes with Steam to Desura? Even if all the issues remained at least people could get it.

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

They're going to push this next patch at the same time. At least that was the plan.

4. Rex303

Rex303 Member

I'm waiting on this as well.

5. Doomicide

Doomicide Member

Do you know if this still is the plan? I gave DoD + ROTDG to my brother on christmas and since then, we are waiting eagerly for the release on desura.

6. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Long story short, all distribution deals (and more than a few other things) are waiting on this patch to get released.

It should have been released without all the new features a while ago but ... project management will be handled better in the future, let's say.

OmniNegro, Marak, Loswaith and 3 others like this.
  7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I intend to buy another copy of each when they are available without Steam. Not as a gift for someone, but just because I enjoy the game that much. (And that statement is coming from someone living off of less than 10k annual income via Social Security Disability. The game really is that good.) :)

Exile likes this.
  8. Rex303

Rex303 Member

any news now that the patch has been released?

9. Daynab

-edit- Nevermind, I am dumb and cannot read.

10. Doomicide

Doomicide Member

So, this means we're waiting for desura now?

11. Rex303

Rex303 Member

I had just updated on desura, that's why I asked. So I guess no official news.

12. Daynab

Ugh, I'm dumb. I misread and thought you were talking about the update, aka the patch. Somehow I read RotDG and thought "DoD"

My apologies. I'll ask for news regarding the expansion

-that said, as I said the update is on Desura, at least for Linux.

13. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Desura now has the ability to do expansions - they weren't set up to do this originally, thus a lot of delay.

We're sorting this out and it seems pretty straightforward to go ahead with it. We should be something like the third expansion available on Desura when this happens... so, answer: soon, now that 1.0.10 is out the door.

Exile likes this.
  14. Rex303

Rex303 Member

thanks.

15. DerRidda

DerRidda Member

I'm still waiting.

16. Doomicide

Doomicide Member

17. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member