Dredmorpedia

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by J-Factor, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Karock

Karock Member

In other words he stops running if you don't watch him closely?

Dredmorpedia is amazing. Thanks for making it!

2. Hybelkanin

Hybelkanin Member

Hi there, I was just on dredmorpedia to look up the clockwork knights 2.5 skill, but it doesn't seem to show up in the skills tab.
    On the mods tab I have base game, expansion, interior dredmorating, roguish renovation and clockwork knights checked, and I see the radiant wizard skill in the skills list, but the clockwork knights one seems to be missing.

Viewing the page with chrome, if that matters.

3. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

The Clockwork Knights skill is showing up for me with Base + Expansion + CK checked. I'll try some other variations.

Some sanity checks:
    • After checking mods did you click apply?
    • Do the checkboxes stay checked after the page reloads?

4. Karock

Karock Member

Hey J-Factor, I just wanted to let you know that on chrome OS X I had to check a mod (click apply?) and reload Dredmorpedia in order for that mod to show up. It doesn't bother me at all but just letting you know!

5. Hybelkanin

Hybelkanin Member

They were checked properly, yeah. I noticed the page doesn't reload any resources at all after clicking apply though, what Karock suggested there would probably have fixed it. I just had another look at it and hitting apply after selecting the mods properly reloads the resources now.

6. coldcandor

coldcandor Member

Hurray for an explanation that both makes perfect sense AND doesn't mean I broke something! I'm even more excited for the next patch now!

7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

The only way I have reliably found to get Dredmorpedia to actually follow what you want and have selected in the mods tab is to click apply and close the browser, clear the cache and restart the browser. So long as it remembers its settings it can and will load the proper mod data. But otherwise it seems broken. That could just be because I am using an old browser. It works fine for everything once it loads the data. Getting it to actually load the data after starting a session is impossible for me though.
    (It skipped the reload part entirely for me in all cases.)

8. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Okay so the issue is that the Apply button saves the checkboxes but the mods aren't actually loaded until you manually refresh?

I'll see what I can do...

9. HowlingLotus

HowlingLotus Member

Just wanted to say that your website is very informative and updates to current game information much faster and better then similar fan sites. Thanks for your effort :).

10. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

That's more because Dredmorpedia actually uses your own game files than anything else.

11. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

I really love Dredmorpedia. It's darned useful, especially now that I've got my hands on 1.0.10 and have soooo many mods to figure out all at once. Without your site, I'd be lost.

Feature Request: Is there a way to make the item category buttons stop shuffling pictures? Having a different picture for each category/page button every time you load the site up has a certain cool factor, but at the same time it makes finding the page you need a bit of a headache. It feels like nearly every time I go to look up the procs or spell triggers of some random item I've never seen before, the category for it is always represented by some other random item I've never seen before, so I have to carefully look at every single button to find the right group. If the item type buttons were standardized instead of ever-changing, or had a mouse-over tip saying the category name, it would be much easier to find what I'm looking for in a hurry.

12. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Done. Only did that originally for fun. EDIT: Scratch that. The new loading mechanism messed this up because now the first item in each category isn't always from the base game. Working on it.... EDIT #2: Okay fixed again.

Just pushed an update with the following:
    • Turbo™ loading speed boost (let me know if you run into any unresponsive script errors with this).
    • Monsters: Total stats.
    • Meta: Analysis of the game data to create 'meta data'. Currently there's just a list of the maximum :armor_asorb: that is worthwhile but I'm planning on expanding this.
    • Stats: Now shows the stat ID or equivalent.
    • Search: Incomplete search functionality. Behold the power of client-side data and see that writing Dredmorpedia in javascript wasn't a Huge Mistake!
    • Updated to 1.10 data.

Marak and Daynab like this.
  13. coldcandor

coldcandor Member

Sweet! If only you'd implemented it 2 hours earlier when I was looking for a list of stat ids :p

14. Hybelkanin

Hybelkanin Member

Page loads sooo much faster now! Great update there J-Factor. o/

15. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Much better. Now it auto-applies the change when you select mods and click apply. Thank you J-Factor.

16. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

The full monster stats are incredibly useful. You've just saved innumerable character lives. You rock!

17. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Just a heads up: the "Link to this" links are broken now (they depended on the old loading system).

Have to figure out a better way to globally identify an item/skill/spell/etc...

18. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Dunno if this is happening to anyone else, but I'm having the wrong mod pop up depending on which box I check. Seems like it's taking the data for the mod above the one I check.

19. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Also, it doesn't seem to parse the cone shape for spells.

EDIT: Or the correct scalar for abilities that scale with stats other than magic power.

EDIT EDIT: Or on-crit effects.

20. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

1. What browser are you using
    2. Have you refreshed
    3. Can anyone else replicate this?
    It doesn't show any of the spell types except templates at the moment.

Which spell is this? It shows correctly for the two official non-magicpower scaling spells.

Only dodge is implemented at the moment. Pretty easy to add the others.