Like My Avatar

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Sade, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Sade

Sade Member

2. blob

blob Member

Haha. Im just gonna like because you dared.

ElectricMessiah likes this.
  3. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I like girls with ties.

What?!

Sade and ElectricMessiah like this.
  4. As an attempt to (not really) hijack and bump your thread, I'm going to suggest this thread open up to all avatars be 'like'd, by those that like them in this thread. :) I liked Althea's and Sade's avatars. :)

5. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I cheated, though. Just nicked a file out of the Dredmor folder :p

6. It's 'dem sexy runway brows, so it doesn't matter how you got them. ;)

7. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Now's a good time to point out I'm not into guys, right? :p

Sade and blob like this.
  8. jadkni

jadkni Member

I thought I was clever, it took me about 20 minutes to put it together. Then I realized someone who joined the forums 5 months before me did something similar. :(

9. blob

blob Member

Well he didnt have the smile on the @ I think. : )

10. Tycho

Tycho Member

Isn't that the British version of flipping the bird?

11. Sade

Sade Member

... inner peace?

12. I didn't actually realize what was going on with jadkni's avatar until you pointed out the teeth, that's great! :D

13. blob

blob Member

Yeah, its just the background makes it a little bit hard to read.

14. Very creative. I get the @ for the head/face and rogue-like, see the smile and brows. Very creative. But I have no idea what the background is. I can't make any of it out. I assume it is some shrunk DoD artwork.

15. Sade

Sade Member

It's a recolored version of the Robo/Mortal Machine/Unfriendly AI in the victory screen.

16. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Has anyone else here wondered why we see Sade's Avatar as being female? There is nothing actually feminine at all about the image, yet any two year old would guess female if asked.

Not a complaint, just a curiosity.

I rather like my Avatar. It was a bitch from hell to get working right for the forums, but I simply stole the image and edited it to make it fit. (I probably have a tens of thousands of funny junk images I have collected over the years. I picked this one because it is simple and reflects my sense of humor:
    State the obvious. That cracks people up faster than you would think.

Also, there may well be a hidden triple plus untruth there somewhere. (Not really, do not strain your eyes. Strainers are best used for pasta and the like.)
    (What Can I say? My humor sucks for the most part, but I am enjoying something a bit more than I care to admit at the moment. Tawny Port rules. It does not taste like sub-sewer rotgut, yet it is half as strong as Vodka.)

Damn. I better shut up. :)

17. Tycho

Tycho Member

The eyeliner, nail polish and lipstick, while sometimes worn by men as well, are generally considered to be the domain of the "fairer sex". Also, there does appear to be a feminine chest there, upon close examination.

18. Sade

Sade Member

Umm... guys? My eyes are up here. :p

19. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Hmmm. I do not see those things. The polish is pretty hard to see without specifically looking for it. The eyeliner just looks like green eyes to me, And as for the chest, you are deluding yourself, IMNHO. (Not that there are not breasts, but they are not pictured at all. And just for the record, according to anatomy, men have breasts too. We simply have inactive mammory glands.)

20. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

It's the facial structure. Even if it's a caricature or a stylised shape, it still reads as feminine to us.