Dredmor gets a taste of his own medicine

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Sade, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Sade

Sade Member

... aka How to defeat Dredmor using only :reflection:.

GRPD, no NTTG, patch 1.0.10 RC2.

Glazed, Aquaman, SkyMuffin and 4 others like this.
  2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

It's pretty crazy. I don't know if it was a part of some challenge or just a momentary whim, but congratulations. You just defeated him like a true Jedi. :D

3. blob

blob Member

You eat APPLES while fighting dredmor ? That's badass.

On another note, 98 reflection and still a bunch of spells came through !

Essence and Wi§p like this.
  4. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

You can only reflect missile spells. The three spells that weren't being reflected aren't missiles.

5. blob

blob Member

Ah alright, makes sense. Would be nice to add in game clarification though.

6. Sade

Sade Member

Yeah, I did actually get hit by a missile spell @ 2:09. One of the total three times I can remember that happening after equipping the Mirrors, though.

My original idea with this build was to attain as high :dodge: as I could; however, the fact that the good ol' RNG never gave me either Parachute Pants or a Poncho With No Name sort of thwarted it.

Still, a 90-something :dodge: is definitely nothing to laugh at. With that, alongside ~50 :counter: and :block:, I was capable of meleeing down the whole of a DL14 Monster Zoo relying only on base :life_regen:. With only about 10 :armor_asorb: and no notable resistances. Amusingly, the :dodge:-reducing Bullshit Curse cast by those pesky Gnomes made them the 2nd-biggest threat to my character's survivability.

And the first prize goes to... Acidic Trail traps. :dmg_acidic: caused by them is just ridiculous. It's not like there's any reliable way to get high amounts of :resist_acidic:. And if you try to cure the Strong Acid Burn effect via Curse Removal... it will reset. Sheesh.

kino5 and dbaumgart like this.
  7. kino5

kino5 Member

Where are those 98 reflection being displayed? Am I blind? I thought magic reflection had no slot in the character sheet, what am I missing?

8. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

It doesn't but two mirror shields have 49 reflect each which makes 98.

9. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Run alchemy and invest in Potions of Purity. They clear off ongoing acid damage.

10. Sade

Sade Member

This is what I meant:

(As a side note, trying to disarm a trap whose level exceeds your :trap_level: by more than 10 results in a negative displayed chance of success.)

11. blob

blob Member

HAYWIRE !
    Intense, man. Looks like your hero actually drank a potion of acid, seeing how he's dripping all over the place. :D

Nasty stuff.

12. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Well, yes, you have to actually move off the generating effect first. Otherwise, it'll just burn you again.

13. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

There's no regenerating effect to move off of. Once you've got the Acid Trail "curse" there's no way to stop dropping pools of acid or prevent getting Strong Acid Burn at turn 0, 8 and 16. All you can do is heal and uncurse yourself each time the Strong Acid Burn comes back.

14. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

This is exactly the trap that killed me on floor 12. Daviiiid *shakefist* :eek:

dbaumgart likes this.
  15. Sade

Sade Member

Part 2: "It's a trap!"

...aka How to kill Dredmor with a huge stack of traps collected throughout the game.

GRPD (as always), no NTTG, patch 1.0.10 RC5.

That stupid Red Lichess almost ruined everything...

OmniNegro likes this.
  16. blob

blob Member

Haha ! What the hell happened after the Ultima-trap attack ?

17. kino5

kino5 Member

I don¡t understad it either. Did you kill him, and then you died?

18. Sade

Sade Member

Yup. Dredmor wasn't playing on Permadeath, apparently...

kino5 likes this.