blink slime hate thread

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by SkyMuffin, Feb 27, 2012.

?

are blinking slimes evil?

1. yes

39.3%
  2. yes

39.3%
  3. yes

46.4%
  4. yes

53.6%
  5. yes

46.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

i agree with this-- i rarely notice it until it's too late :*(

What if there was an enemy that shot slow projectiles that targeted a specific square? And each turn you move, the projectile moves towards that target? Kind of like in 100 Rogues, with the missile bots. Don't know if that would be uncool to copy stuff though. Maybe you could add a twist by making it not an AOE blast, but simply three shots in a line or something.

2. Ryvian

Ryvian Member

Currently making a spider monster that shoots webs at people. It causes lockdown like effects and causes a mine-like object to appear under you. It's a basic paralysis type spell so you can't cast spells when webbed. The mine makes it so that even after the debuff expires (depending on the level of the spell, lasts between 1-5 turns), if you step back onto it, it will cause you to get stuck again. Just need the sprites for it.

3. Marak

Marak Member

The sad part is, at one point I had Syzygy (from a Gargle Blaster), Power of Magic Steel (just because it never fell off), and Hand of Belimawr all ticking away and I still gained mana faster than I could use it.

On the other hand, massive glass cannon-age. I had all that regen and 220 Max Mana - but also 4 Armor Absorb and about 88 Health. Had to be careful not to let anything near me.

Also, Gnomes appear all over the damn place: Floors 1, 6, 10, and 14 (according to Dredmorpedia), and they all have varying strength Mana-draining abilities.

On topic: honestly, the cubes are only marginally dangerous. I usually had a tougher time with the high-level Lutefisk Avatars - it's hard to get any Righteous Resist.

SkyMuffin likes this.
  4. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Gentlediggles.

Diggles in top hats and monocles. They work against magic users by making them feel inadequate :D

Wi§p and Marak like this.
  5. Elite Diggle archer- equipped w/ rough Iron helm, Wooden Crossbow, Crude Knife (all dropped upon death and ocasionally bolts)

Fires randomly arrows with random effects max once every 2 turns:

base: :dmg_slashing:5 :dmg_piercing:5

1: :dmg_piercing:6+Fleshbore
    2: :dmg_acidic:2+Acid Sprayer
    3: :dmg_toxic:5+Vile Poison
    4: :dmg_transmutative:8+Anigmatic Field
    5: :dmg_blast:3+Rockburst
    6: :dam_voltaic:15
    7: :dmg_slashing:6+bleed
    8: :dmg_crushing:9+Crippling wound
    9: :dmg_conflagratory:11+Burn
    10: :dmg_putrefying:6+Diggle Plague

6. Wolg

Wolg Member

Also run a string-replace over the monster quotes to change 's' -> 'sh', etc.

Marak and SkyMuffin like this.
  7. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

I like how this thread has just turned into a "make the most annoying monster possible" thread.

I don't remember if I mentioned this already, but:

Skinny Diggle (in contrast to Muscle Diggle)
    -has tons of :dodge: (100 or more.) It's skinny, so it's hard to hit!
    -low :life:, so you can easily kill it if you do manage to hit it.
    -maybe...attacks twice a turn with some medium damage? floors 5-7 is a good range.
    -drops fruits because they are healthy.

8. Ryvian

Ryvian Member

Diggle?
    "This is a diggle, kind of, at least you think it is"
    Acts like a diggle, deals existential damage, chance to cast "A diggle of an existence" on hit, making you very vulnerable to magic and existential damage.

SkyMuffin likes this.
  9. blob

blob Member

Exciting news: The votes for Yes 4 have now exceeded the ones for Yes 5.

Wi§p, Lorrelian and SkyMuffin like this.
  10. Wisse

Wisse Member

I just voted for them all. I guess that I could've just not voted at all. Oh well ...

11. Wi§p

Wi§p Member

I knew I should have voted for Yes 4, I voted for every other Yes, why I am always so wrong with polls..

Essence likes this.
  12. blob

blob Member

Dont feel bad, I voted for 2 other yes and I am PROUD of my choices.
    The true Yeses will prevail.

13. Wolg

Wolg Member

...Hungry and thirsty diggles in the 1.0.10RC3 changelog...

Wi§p and SkyMuffin like this.
  14. Marak

Marak Member

I wonder if those are the Food/Booze stealing mobs that Nicholas was alluding to...

15. Wolg

Wolg Member

I don't know about most annoying possible, but...

Hyperdiggle
    A strange little bird-thing that tunnels through walls with its odd, rubbery nasal appliance. This one looks like it's been into the controlled Dwarven metal powders recently, but you can't prove a thing without a warrant.

(A suitably-tough diggle for wherever it appears, but with a 50% chance each turn of getting a second action.)

Wi§p likes this.
  16. Insanius

Insanius Member

Annoying monsters? How about one that can cast a knockback effect.

17. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Wall Monster - It looks just like a wall, but it's actually a scary monster! Jumps out when an unsuspecting adventurer passes by. Lots of damage resistance but weak to magic.

18. Tycho

Tycho Member

you read that D&D monsters article I see

19. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

i didnt, i was just thinking of mimics haha

20. Wi§p

Wi§p Member

I think it should also have a chance to destroy walls, it would make those un-living walls less OP, and should be a pain for mages to deal with since they can easily get close and would burrow through most obstacles!

On a side note I love how this thread turned into a suggestion thread for more annoying monsters ;)

Marak likes this.