blink slime hate thread

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by SkyMuffin, Feb 27, 2012.

?

are blinking slimes evil?

1. yes

39.3%
  2. yes

39.3%
  3. yes

46.4%
  4. yes

53.6%
  5. yes

46.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. blob

blob Member

Cybernetic lampshade. Increases sagacity because it makes you bright.
    Also increases vision.

kino5, Loswaith, Ryvian and 4 others like this.
  2. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

the only blinking slime i know of is the pectinous tesseract, which is the deadliest monster in the game.

3. Loswaith

Loswaith Member

The diggles that steal food would be Stone Diggles? Munchie Miners?

4. Ravenous Rovers

5. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Skinny diggles? In contrast to the muscle diggles.

Diggle connoisseurs? They get sick if they eat a crappy food.

6. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Just make a monster with 100 reflect and incredibly high magic resist. Make them also like to jump (leapfrog) over other monsters to create a fun barrier against all missiles.

7. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Glass Diggles?

8. ledow

ledow Member

Runner diggles. Run in, strike, run away and the only way to get them is to snipe them off quickly.

9. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

Blink Batties already fill that niche.

10. Sade

Sade Member

Enemies that are disguised as other monsters, while still retaining their original abilities. Their real form would be revealed upon attacking them. (Who doesn't love hidden stuff?)

11. blob

blob Member

A monster that opens (unlocked) doors.

Wi§p and Ryvian like this.
  12. Ryvian

Ryvian Member

That would be terrifying. I'd constantly be like: "I'm sure I closed this door..." and I'd get paranoid. Also make him really strong so it's one of those monsters that keep chasing you down forever and hard to kill, and impossible to escape.

And there needs to be more monsters that spawns more monsters when you kill them.

Wi§p likes this.
  13. blob

blob Member

Hehe like the nemesis from Resident evil. Would cause some bugs for sure though, especially would need a way to have the monster NOT being able to open a monster zoo door.
    Either a strong monster or an invisible "poltergeist" monster that is really just here to open doors and let other monsters chase you.

(Haha He could even have a random triggered skill with a knockback effect around him to mess with objects but that would just completely break levels and create situations where the hero is stuck.)

14. Marak

Marak Member

My personal most annoying (deadly) monster would be one that either

A) shot magic bolts at you, but instead of dealing damage or applying a niggling debuff, sapped a % of your Maximum Mana.

Or...

B) monsters that could root you in place, like Bolos or Lock-up does to them. Even better: you can't teleport from that square until the debuff is cleared. Suddenly The Cure and Purity Potions have a real use!

Because really, that's what the game comes down to right now: can you get your Mana Regen to the point that Mana is near-infinite, and can you escape when surrounded/that named mob that can deal 100 damage/hit is right next to you? Having those things taken away would be evil, indeed.

blob likes this.
  15. blob

blob Member

Arent some of the gnomes sapping mana already ? I thought my mana was sometimes going down drastically fast.

Lock up monsters would be great.

16. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Correct. A couple gnomes in the room drains your mana in no time.

17. blob

blob Member

You know, it might just need a visual effect to make it more clear. But nice, vicious mechanic otherwise.

SkyMuffin likes this.
  18. Marak

Marak Member

I never noticed the mana-sapping gnomes. Of course, that might have had something to do with my combination of Blood Magic, a huge mana pool, all-Sagacity gear, and 16-ish Mana Regen (read: 1 mana/turn at all times).

19. blob

blob Member

16 mana regen o_o By floor 7 or so ? I think that's where they hang out.

20. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Gnomes are pretty thick from floor 6 on down, but Blood Magic makes mana management meaningless. You just don't have to worry about it, unless you're using a magic skill with no AoE whatsoever, like mathemagics. Gnomes don't do enough to cut down your MP when you're gaining 5-8 MP per kill and kill three or four targets with one or two spells. They're mostly a danger to people who run a lot of hunger buffs, like vikings.