[Skill] Mana Mastery

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Null, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

So anyway, I'm releasing Mana Mastery after procrastinating releasing it for about three weeks, probably more.
    It's a passive active mage support skill, that is it triggers additional effects passively. It essentially boosts what you get out of your spell casts, rather than purely allowing you to cast more. It could thus be more beneficial lategame than early because you'll be able to cast more and get more benefit out of it later.

So anyway: 1.00

Give any feedback you want here.

Changelog:
    Released

Healing Essence now heals 1 + 0.02 Mana from 1 + 0.07 Magic Power
    Healing Essence is now called Healing Aura

Mystic Missile now deals Aethereal 2 + 0.05 Mana from Aethereal 3 + 0.25 Magic Power

Arcane Miasmia now deals Aethereal 1 + 0.03 Mana from Aethereal 2 + 0.20 Magic Power

Arcane Burst is now centered around the target of the spell
    Arcane Burst now deals Aethreal 4 + 0.05 Mana from Aethereal 4 + 0.15 Magic Power
    Arcane Burst hits just the target now

New ability: Power Grasp - creates a burst of energy the next time you cast a spell in a few turns, also increasing haywire

Mana Refund now refunds 1 mana from 2
    Mana Refund level now gives 2 Savvy from 1
    Mana Refund level now gives 4 Mana

Amount of mana per skill level changed around a bit so it's nicer

Attached Files:

OmniaNigrum, Essence and Razarus like this.
  2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

DAMN YOU NULL!

I was just developing "Archmage", a remarkably similar skill, for EDoDSIII. :D Just a mechanical hiccup (and working on Kung Fu) slowed me down.

Back to the drawing board. :p

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Well, you can still make it. That way there'll be an alternative. Heck, I wouldn't stop with what I'm doing right now even if someone created something similar (in large part because the only thing left to do are the icons, but whatever). With all the IDs to use, it doesn't matter if two or three skill trees are similar for as long as they still aren't the same, since that means players can choose whichever variation they prefer.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Essence

Nah, it wasn't actually even in code yet. It was all conceptual, because I was coding Kung Fu. And Loren's already working on the icons for my backup idea. ;)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Null

Glad I posted this when I did so I didn't steal your concept any later.

6. Loren

Loren Member

Y'all should start some kind of idea claim thread so you don't inadvertently work on the same thing.

Also, will try this out soon.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Essence

Nah, it's OK. I was mostly just being overdramatic because it was funny. :)

OmniaNigrum and Wi§p like this.
  8. Loren

Loren Member

Alright then. Y'all should start a mod competition! Pick an idea and one up each other. That should bring out some interesting gameplay mechanics.

OmniaNigrum, DaVici and Wi§p like this.
  9. Essence

That's not a bad idea. Probably it'll have to wait until after the Secret Project that a few of us have been called upon to work on. :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Werediggler

Werediggler Member

Secret projects hum? Interesting. Can any release dates be confirmed?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Mckye

Mckye Member

I'm to lvl 3 and so far I have maxed out the mana mastery skill set and to me it seems slightly broken, the mana folding projectile lets me spam anything to death for free, and coupled with a few different ranged damage bonuses, I was able to spam a 200+ zoo to death with that one spell, never running out of mana or taking a single hit... I love it, but so far it is very overpowered, however, I can see it losing its luster further in, and I will keep you updated.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Can't find it and want to read about your Skill set. :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Null

Well the entirely working link is there twice.

Skills in 1.00
    Healing Essence passively heals you a small bit whenever you cast a spell
    Mystic Missile is a very cheap missile that does some magic damage
    Arcane Miasma creates a small damaging cloud of an eponymous substance when you kill something
    Mana Refund passively gives a small bit of mana back whenever you cast a spell
    Arcane Burst deals area of effect damage whenever you cast a spell.

I may have named any of those wrong.
    Of course once 1.0.10 is a bit more fixed and stable I'll release an updated version which has a few more levels.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Essence

Please note that the first skill only works for me. If anyone else uses it, it heals me instead. Sorry.

OmniaNigrum and Loswaith like this.
  15. Null

Lol. Honestly it had nothing to do with your name I just wanted to avoid using arcane everywhere. Just for that I'm renaming it to aura.

OmniaNigrum and Essence like this.
  16. Essence

I did the same thing until I remembered the word 'eldritch'. :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Thaumaturgic is a generally approved magic related term as well. Ether or nether work well too.

Occult, invocation, rite and conjure are other magic related terms that don't really get used in RPGs nearly enough. None of this relates to your mod. Sorry about that. I'll be quiet now.

OmniaNigrum and Essence like this.
  18. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Not to mention the element of "Other" Socks. (You know, the strange dimension that spawns socks that have no matching sock anywhere in the universe as far as anyone can tell.)

And then there is Evil Feline Telepathy. But I should not have said that. The Kittens made me do it.

How is the weather?

Oh ElectricMessiah, I think the Changelog is as follows: 1.00 released.
    :)

DaVici likes this.
  19. Null

I've updated this a good bit and placed it on the workshop for anyone who cares.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I would appreciate a forum version of it.
    (Steam workshop is annoying and messes with things it should not.)

Thanks in advance.