blink slime hate thread

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by SkyMuffin, Feb 27, 2012.

?

are blinking slimes evil?

1. yes

39.3%
  2. yes

39.3%
  3. yes

46.4%
  4. yes

53.6%
  5. yes

46.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

just wondering who else hates these pesky things on the lower floors of the dungeon. i have died many times to them. :(

2. Tycho

Tycho Member

GLG Forum poll, Diebold edition!

3. "Stupid Monster Category #3: The inexplicable.
    [​IMG]
    It would be criminal of me to have an article about embarrassing D&D monsters and NOT mention the dreaded Gelatinous Cube. I mean, how many monsters out there are designed after a cube of lime Jello?"

-http://www.headinjurytheater.com/article73.htm D&D "CELEBRATING 30 YEARS OF VERY STUPID MONSTERS."

SkyMuffin and blob like this.
  4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

i like how one Yes has more votes than the other Yeses.

Werediggler likes this.
  5. Chopkinsca

Chopkinsca Member

I voted yes, yes, and yes. I only encountered them on DMPD with a melee build. The trick is to let them move to the square next to you first, but you guys probably know that already. I've never played a magic build, so I have no idea what kind of problems they have.

6. Wi§p

Wi§p Member

Odd that people seem to click the lower 'yes' buttons more.. I didn't click the 4th 'yes' though ^^

7. I actually mentallly hickuped and thought about which to click for .0001 sec. Almost clicked 3, but my mouse hit 4 first. :)

SkyMuffin likes this.
  8. blob

blob Member

Obviously, that's because the last yes is way better than the others.

SkyMuffin and Sade like this.
  9. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

yes.

SkyMuffin likes this.
  10. Loswaith

Loswaith Member

11. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

I actually get a lot of pleasure every time I come up with a new "most annoying monster ever." I thought that some of the gnomes in the expansion pack were particularily vicious. I should probably go through and add more evil.

I don't remember who did the blink slimes. David, I think...

Marak, Loswaith, Wi§p and 1 other person like this.
  12. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

an enemy that eats a random food item in your inventory with each attack.

an enemy that makes meats or fruits rotten and therefore less useful.

an enemy that returns melee damage, but not ranged or magic damage...

wait, i shouldnt be helping you. :p

Wi§p and blob like this.
  13. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

I like the food destroying monster. Hungry Diggles, maybe?

Marak, Wi§p and kino5 like this.
  14. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

At the moment, I'd rather have something that applies equally to mages and ranged in general. In terms of resource draining, melee already has to deal with corruption, which ranged doesn't have to worry about; I feel that having food-stealing turn exclusively melee would be another slap in the face. I'd go for Slimy Diggles that have a % to throw slime at you and spoil your food in the process.

Wi§p and SkyMuffin like this.
  15. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

There needs to be an anti-magic monster that can lock casting, like the anti-magic mine and the magic training ability. And by "an anti-magic monster" I mean a half-dozen or so. Maybe it could be a gnome ability, but I'd really like to see it go on something unique, preferable with an enormous :magic_resist: to go with the theme.

Naturally, the anti-magic ability should be a ranged attack.

Wi§p, Wisse, SkyMuffin and 1 other person like this.
  16. Wolg

Wolg Member

If so, equality demands that there also be Drunken/Inebriated Diggles. That, given the choice between attacking the player or picking up and quaffing loose booze on the ground, go for the booze.

(Best if the thirst doesn't strike them until after the Eyebrows unveil their presence, one suspects. Giving them alcohol-thievery as well, however...)

Wi§p and SkyMuffin like this.
  17. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

i think drunken diggles sounds far more entertaining than hungry ones. you can draw little beer bubbles over their heads.

Wi§p likes this.
  18. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

Oh! Oh! I know! Giant mosquitoes that have a drain on hit effect! Maybe mana, maybe health, or maybe health AND mana!

19. Chopkinsca

Chopkinsca Member

Drunken diggles. They wander around randomly and sometimes attacks friends. Also sometimes will put a lamp shade on their head.

20. Tycho

Tycho Member

New idea for headwear - lampshade!